The new Leica S3 Medium Format DSLR Camera is now officially announced and available for pre-order at B&H, Adorama. The US price is $18,995. Shipping is scheduled to start at the end of March 2020.
Leica S3 Medium Format DSLR Camera Key Features:
- New 64MP medium format sensor for unprecedented image quality from Leica S-Lenses
- 4K video recording across the full width of the sensor for the signature Leica look in video
- ISO range of 100 – 50,000 for working in any lighting scenario
- Dual shutter system with Focal Plane Shutter or Central Shutter lens options
- Rugged and weather sealed build for use in the field and withstanding the elements
- Tethered shooting workflow options for use in the professional studio
- Leica FOTOS connectivity for mobile editing solutions on iPad, iPhone and Android
Continue reading “Leica S3 Medium Format DSLR Camera, Price : $18,995”
According to recent reports the upcoming Leica Q2 camera could feature a new 47MP sensor. The new Leica FOTOS app version 1.1.0 already has a listing for the upcoming Leica Q2 camera with two new resolution settings.
Rumors claims that one of them is for Leica Q2 with 47MP sensor and the other one is for Leica S3 with 64MP sensor.
So in addition to the Sony RX1, Leica will make it serious full-frame fixed-lens competitor with the upcoming Zeiss ZX1.
- 47MP (for the Leica Q2?)
- 64MP (for the Leica S3?)
Leica Q2 Camera Rumors
- “Leica Q2” has already been trademarked in Europe since 2017
- Leica Q2 has also already been registered at the Indonesian government agency Postel under the code name “4889”
- Nokishita spotted the registration for the new Leica Q2 camera. We shall see this camera announced within 1-2 months