Panasonic officially announced the new Panasonic Lumix G9 II mirrorless camera and new Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 100-400mm f/4-6.3 II ASPH & 35-100mm f/2.8 POWER OIS Lenses.
Check out the pre-order links to major stores below :
Panasonic Lumix G9 II body: $1,897.99 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Panasonic Lumix G9 II with 12-60mm f/2.8-4 Lens: $2,497.99 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
$500 off on Panasonic Lumix G9 II with 12-35mm f/2.8 Lens: $2,295.98 at B&H.
Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 35-100mm f/2.8 POWER O.I.S. Lens: $1,147.99 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 100-400mm f/4-6.3 II ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens: $1,597.99 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Panasonic DMW-BG1 Battery Grip: $347.99 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Panasonic Lumix G9 II Key Features
- 25.2MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Sensor
- C4K/4K 60p 4:2:2 10-Bit Video Recording
- 100MP Handheld High-Res Mode
- 5-Axis Sensor Stabilization; Dual I.S. 2
- 3.68m-Dot 0.8x-Magnification OLED LVF
- 3.0″ 1.84m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- 779-Point Phase-Detection AF System
- ISO 25600 and 75 fps Continuous Shooting
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Weather-Sealed Design
100-400mm f/4-6.3 II ASPH POWER OIS Lens Key Features
- Micro Four Thirds System | f/4 to f/22
- 200-800mm (Full-Frame Equivalent)
- Compact Ultra Telephoto Zoom
- .5x Max. Magnification (35mm Equivalent)
- POWER O.I.S., Dual I.S. Compatibility
- Rotating Tripod Collar & Built-In Hood
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Dust, Splash, and Freeze Resistant
35-100mm f/2.8 POWER OIS Lens Key Features
- Micro Four Thirds System | f/2.8 to f/22
- 70-200mm (Full-Frame Equivalent)
- Fast Telephoto Zoom
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer
- UED and ED Elements
- 5-Axis Dual I.S. 2 Compatible
- Splash, Dust, and Freezeproof Design
Press Release: Continue reading “Panasonic Lumix G9 II and Two New Lenses Officially Announced”
Good news folks!! Panasonic G9 II is rumored to be announced in September 2023. Panasonic LUMIX G9II camera is expected to feature phase detection autofocus.
The Panasonic G9 price is around $899 for body-only. However the camera was listed as discontinued in Japan. Check availability at B&HPhoto.
Here’s what to expect from Panasonic G9 II.
- Scheduled to be announced in September
- upgraded sensor
- improved stabilization
- Phase detection AF
OM SYSTEM is also expected to release two new lenses in 2023.
- OM ED 50-200mm F2.8 PRO lens (NO “IS”?)
- OM ED 50-250mm F4 lens
Sigma today has officially announced the new 14mm f/1.4 DG DN Art lens. The Sigma 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art will be available in L-mount and Sony E-mount. The US price for this lens is $1,599, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama.
Sigma 14mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens Features
- Lens construction: 19 elements, 15 groups (1 SLD, 3 FLD and 4 aspherical elements)
- Inner focus system
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- HLA (High-response Linear Actuator) motor
- Compatible with lens aberration correction*
- Support DMF, AF+MF
- Compatible with AF assist function (Sony E-mount only)
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Aperture Ring
- Aperture Ring Click switch
- Focus Mode switch
- AFL button (customisable on some models
- Petal-type Hood (fixed)
- MFL (Manual Focus Lock) switch
- Rear filter holder
- Specially designed front cap (Filter slots, Lock mechanism)
- Dust and Splash Resistant Structure
- Water and Oil Repellent Coating (Front element)
- Tripod Socket (TS-141)
- Support for switching between linear focus / non-linear focus ring settings (L-Mount only)**
- Compatible with the SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (Optional / L-Mount only)
- Designed to minimise flare and ghosting
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- Made in Japan craftsmanship
* Function available on supported cameras only. Available corrections may vary depending on the camera model. On cameras where aberration correction is controlled with ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’ in the camera menu, please set all aberration correction functions to ‘ON’ (AUTO).
** Only on compatible cameras.
AstrHori 18mm f/8 2X Probe Macro Lens: Amazon
AstrHori Introduces the First APS-C 2X Macro Probe Lens — 18mmF8
Let everyone realize creative, macro photography.
AstrHori announces the APS-C 18mm f/8 2x Macro Probe Lens for Sony E, Fuji X, Canon RF, EF, Nikon Z and more mounts.
The lens will be officially launched on May 29th on Amazon, AliExpress, independent stations and other platforms.
The lens is now on sale for an impressively-low price of just USD 719, EUR 999, JPY 119,599, GBP 879, MXN 14,369, CAD 989.
Following the launch of the 28mmF13 2X macro probe lens, the 18mmF8 2X macro macro probe lens is launched. I don’t know if there will be a 28mmF13 second-generation lens, let us look forward to it. Continue reading “AstrHori 18mm f/8 2X Probe Macro Lens Announced”
The ON1 Photo RAW 2023.5 is coming in June and will include the new Resize AI with Face Recovery, new Masking Tools and Curves Control, improved raw processing for better quality images, and more:
Photo RAW 2023.5 is a free update for ON1 Everything subscribers and owners of version 2023. You can order now with coupon code NEW2023-5 for a special introductory price.
Here are the key features coming in version 2023.5 in early June:
- New Face Recovery Technology in Resize AI for upscaling faces with remarkable detail. Perfect for upscaling old photos or cropping a portrait or headshot out and upscaling it to super-resolution.
- Upgraded raw processing for more natural shadows, fewer edge artifacts, and more responsive sliders
- Greatly improved Refine Mask Brush for masking challenging areas like hair and trees
- New Encircle option in the Refine Mask tool, to draw around the borders of an object when masking
- Enhanced Mask AI for improved masking in photos of people and animals
- New dropper tool for the Curves control in Effects
- Zooming and panning the preview as well as adjusting tool properties such as brush size can now be accomplished simultaneously with the scroll-wheel
- New Cameras and Lenses
Sigma has added three lenses to its line-up. The Sigma 17mm F4 DG DN and a 50mm F2 DG DN compact, mid-priced ‘I Series’ primes as part of its Contemporary range and a 23mm F1.4 DC DN for APS-C Sony E, Fujifilm X & Leica L-mounts.
All these three lenses will be officially released in late April 2023.
Key specifications 17mmF/4 DG DN
- Lens construction: 9 elements in 8 groups (2 SLD and 3 aspherical elements)
- Angle-of-view: 103.7°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focusing distance: 12cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:3.6
- Filter size: 55mm
- Dimensions: 64.0mm x 48.8mm
- Weight: 225g
Key specifications 23mm F/1.4 DC DN
- Lens construction: 13 elements in 10 groups (3 SLD and 2 aspherical elements)
- Angle-of-view: 63.4°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Minimum focusing distance: 25cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:7.3
- Filter size: 52mm
- Dimensions: 65.8mm x 76.9mm
- Weight: 340g
Key specifications 50mm F/2 DG DN
- Lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups (1 SLD and 3 aspherical elements)
- Angle-of-view: 46.8°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focusing distance: 45cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:6.9
- Filter size: 58mm
- Dimensions: 70.0mm x 68.0mm
- Weight: 350g
Continue reading “Officially Announced: New Sigma 17mm f/4, 50mm f/2 and 23mm f/1.4 lenses”
It’s been a long time since we talked about the Panasonic Lumix S1H II. The Panasonic Lumix S1H II is causing a lot of excitement in the camera world with rumors of its imminent launch and leaked specs.
Camera enthusiasts are looking forward to the arrival of the Lumix S1H II, believed to be the successor to Panasonic’s highly acclaimed Lumix S1H camera. It is said that the S1H II could be announced in April, with leaked specs revealing some really impressive specs.
Panasonic has a well-deserved reputation for producing some of the best hybrid cameras on the market, with the Lumix GH6 and the original S1H two of the most popular options for content creators. The S1H is particularly loved by filmmakers for its outstanding video capabilities, including 6K resolution, 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording, V-Log / V-Gamut, and an impressive 14 stops of dynamic range. Although primarily designed for video, the S1H also takes great photos thanks to its 24 MP sensor.
Panasonic Lumix S1H mirrorless camera is now in stock and shipping in the US: $3,997.99 at Adorama | B&H Photo | Amazon.
With the recent success of the Lumix S5 II and S5 IIx, it’s no surprise that Panasonic is looking to incorporate some of the latest and greatest technologies into its other cameras. The new autofocus and tracking system in particular has received a lot of praise from critics, and the Lumix S1H II is likely to be one of the first cameras to receive this upgrade. Continue reading “Panasonic Lumix S1H II Leaked Specs, Coming in April?”
Sigma announced an updated version of the popular 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art prime lens for L-Mount and Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. This is the fifth lens in Sigma’s DG DN Art series lineup, joining existing 20mm, 24mm, 35mm and 85mm prime offerings.
Inside the lens, the 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art has eleven rounded aperture blades to deliver smother and rounder bokeh. There are 14 elements in 11 groups, with 3 aspherical lenses and 1 SLD glass element.
The 50mm F1.4 DN DG Art is 110mm (4.3″) long, with a diameter of 78mm (3.1″), and has a 72mm filter thread. It weighs 670g (23.6oz). The current Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art model pales in comparison to the new Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG DN Art, boasting a smaller filter size and a much lighter weight.
The 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art is expected in late February 2023 at a $849 MSRP. Check availability at BHPhoto and Adorama.
Continue reading “Officially Announced : Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art for L-Mount and Sony E-mount”
The new Panasonic Lumix S5 II and S5 IIX mirrorless cameras are now officially announced. The new Panasonic cameras add phase detection autofocus to its 24MP CMOS sensor and uses the L mount shared with Leica and Sigma.
Panasonic Lumix S5 II body: $1,997.99 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Panasonic Lumix S5 II with 20-60mm Lens: $2,297.99 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Panasonic Lumix S5 IIX body: $2,197.99 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Panasonic Lumix S5 IIX with 20-60mm Lens: $2,497.99 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. Continue reading “Panasonic Lumix S5 II and S5 IIX Officially Announced”
Panasonic updates a classic zoom with the Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-35mm f/2.8 ASPH. POWER O.I.S Lens. The company has officially announced the new Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-35mm f/2.8 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens.
This compact and versatile lens provides a convenient 24-70mm full-frame equivalent focal length range for covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives with a bright f/2.8 constant aperture allowing users to capture images in dim lighting conditions and with a shallow depth of field.
The US price of the lens is $899 and pre-orders are now open at Adorama and B&H.
Below are the detailed specifications of Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-35mm f/2.8 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens: Continue reading “Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-35mm f/2.8 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens Announced, Priced $899.99”