Which are the best Canon lenses for landscape photography? What are the essential features to look for when choosing a Canon landscape lens?
Traveling, exploring, waiting for the beautiful light and simply enjoying the time in nature can be amazing. Landscape photography is one of the most popular types among both amateur and professional photographers.
Looking for best Canon lenses for landscape photography? Here in this article, we try to share our favourite Canon lenses for landscapes.
Landscape shooters usually own a full frame DSLR because of no crop factor, but there are plenty of excellent options for those of you who own an Canon with an APS-C sensor.
See also : Best Wide-Angle Lenses for Canon DSLRs
While your camera is an important tool in capturing landscape shots, the lenses you use play a bigger role. The most important factor is the focal length you choose, and going with an extremely wide angle will allow you to capture so much more in your frame and show your viewers more of the situation. The best lenses for landscape are either extremely wide or completely the opposite, in the telephoto range.
Best Canon Landscape Zoom Lenses:
Best Canon Landscape Prime Lenses:
Best Canon Landscape Lenses for Full Frame:
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM – The lens is razor sharp, features IS, great macro mode and it’s the lightest to carry.
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM – Plenty of reach but still high-quality optics, improved IS and better as an all-around travel lens
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 Art – Brilliant for astrophotography as well as everything else
Best Canon Landscape Lenses for APS-C Only:
- Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM – Without a single doubt the best APS-C lens for wideangle on a budget
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art – Costs a lot more, but still optically amazing and gives you the ability to shoot in low light
- Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM – Looking for an extremely small, compact prime lens with good quality? It costs less than $150.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!