Both the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III DSLR and the Sony a9 II mirrorless models are designed for the professional sports, photojournalist, wildlife and wedding photographers. But which one is right for you, Canon 1DX Mark III or Sony a9 II? Is it the DSLR with Mirrorless leanings or the straight Mirrorless camera? Check out the comparison between the Canon 1DX Mark III and the Sony a9 II by Jared Polin! Continue reading “Canon EOS-1D X Mark III vs Sony a9 II – Which One To Buy ?”
Zhiyun CRANE 3S gimbal stabilizer announced for DSLR, mirrorless and even for Digital Cinema cameras.
Zhiyun CRANE 3S is a revolutionary new gimbal, which introduces a modular design, greater payload capacity and cross-compatibility with camera support systems to meet the demands of professional filmmakers. The US price for Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 3S starts at $649, you can pre-order at Amazon/B&H Photo Video/Adorama.
The CRANE 3S has a payload capacity of 6.5 kg (14.33 lb) which allows it to handle cameras such as the Canon EOS 1D X Mark III, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras, and even larger cameras like those from the Canon Cinema EOS, Sony FS and FX series, and Red Digital Cinema series.
- CRANE 3S is constructed with brand new SUPER motors which allow for 14.3lbs payload for a wide range of camera setup including Canon EOS 1DX, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Cameras, and even Canon Cinema EOS, Sony FS & FX series, and Red Digital Cinema Cameras.
- Wider compatibility is the goal but flexibility is provided. For larger cinema camera combos, users can attach an extension module onto roll axis for more space, while for smaller DSLR combos, the extension module can be detached for greater portability.
- To complete challenging shooting tasks, CRANE 3S offers a versatile solution thanks to its cross-compatibility. The handle mods are easily separated and both provide multiple thread holes of different sizes to mount accessories. The modular design allows greater compatibility on CRANE 3S, like with motorized dolly, jib, cable cam, Easyrig, etc.
- CRANE 3S provides ultimate reliability that users can count on. The reinvented locking system can lock the three axes without noticeable swinging. The modular design is integrated with double locks to ensure the camera is 100% safe on the gimbal during traveling or storage.
RICOH IMAGING has announced the development of the second new generation of HD PENTAX-D FA★ 85mmF1.4 SDM AW lens. This is a new-generation high-performance Star-series lens which is known for the perfect image quality. This lens is scheduled to be released in late 2020.
Pentax say the lens series has the following credentials:
- Best possible image quality with uniform sharpness from the centre to the edges of the image.
- Large aperture with particularly expressive images.
- High build quality, durable materials for longevity and easy handling
“After the release of the PENTAX-D FA* 50mm, it quickly became one of the most popular lenses for use with the PENTAX 35mm system. Since then, many PENTAX photographers have requested additional lenses to extend the range of prime lenses. Based on this, it is with great pleasure that we announce the development of another high-performance lens in this series. With the HD PENTAX-D FA* 85mm f/1.4 SDM AW, we continue to pursue particularly high image quality without compromise.”, comment Pentax.
Pentax say that the lens should be available from late 2020, and no pricing has been announced as yet.
Pentax-D FA* 85mm f/1.4 SDM AW lens key features:
- By incorporating three Super ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical elements, it effectively compensates chromatic aberrations and produces brilliant, high-contrast images even from open aperture.
- Adopts one aspherical lens and achieves high delineation performance with good correction of spherical aberration, coma and field curvature.
- High speed and smooth operation with newly developed SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) equipped with high torque ring-type ultrasonic motor.
- Developing as an AW (All Weather model) this lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant structure to prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the lens interior.
Looking for the best Nikon D750 battery grip ? We listed everything you need to know about buying a new Nikon D750 battery pack/grip.
The original battery grip for the Nikon D750 which is the Nikon MB-D16 will cost you almost $350. It’is quiet expensive and you can save the money for a new lens.
With this in mind you can find the best battery grip for Nikon D750 DSLR from other brands. Check it out !
$900 off on Nikon D750 body: $1096.95 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. Continue reading “Best Battery Grip for Nikon D750”
Tony Northrup published a video on Youtube which you can find his predictions about new cameras and their features that are likely to be announced in 2020.
The rumored camera models are Olympus E-M10 Mark IV, Panasonic GH6, Nikon Z5, Nikon D860, Canon EOS 5D Mark V, Sony A7 IV and Sony A7S III.
Here are the upcoming cameras of 2020 according to the video review. Continue reading “Upcoming Cameras of 2020”
The Canon 1D X Mark III is the best DSLR that Canon has ever made and leads by miles over the others in the market and it even includes full-frame 4k! It’s not perfect but, it’s quite close. With the release of this camera, Canon tops just about every spec offered outside of a cinema camera.
If its price tag doesn’t scare you away, The Canon 1D X Mark III is a wonderful camera. It’s got amazing AF when shooting stills or video. It captures up to 12-bit RAW internally to new CFexpress media but also gives 10 and 8-bit capture capability, even recorded alongside RAW as a proxy. It has a near endless continuous RAW still shooting, but its ability to create lots of data quickly can not be underestimated. Yeah its $6500, but it’s the most capable DSLR in history, up to this point. Canon came out swinging with this heavy hitter, it’s nice to see Canon leading in innovation giving all the other brands a lot to live up to. It’s a fantastic sport and wildlife stills camera and its video features are to be revered by all others. We liked the Canon 1D X Mark III a lot, it’s a great camera. Continue reading “Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Video Review: The Best DSLR for Video”
The Irix 45mm f/1.4 lens is a compelling alternative for all fans of 35-50mm focal lengths, thus allowing a more creative approach to photography.
Whether you’re a professional photographer looking for the right lens for the job or an amateur looking to fill a gap in your focal lengths – the Irix 45mm F/1.4 is the lens for you! Continue reading “Irix 45mm f/1.4 Full-Frame Manual Focus DSLR Lens”
Nikon D6 DSLR camera has been delayed until May 2020 because of components delays caused by Coronavirus. Originally slated for a March release, the Nikon D6 will now be released in May before the Tokyo Olympics, if there are no further delays. Amazon US shows the Nikon D6 will be released on April 30, 2020.
The Nikon D6 (Amazon | Adorama | B&HPhoto) is a professional DSLR designed for sports and action photography. More: Best Lenses for Nikon D6 | Canon EOS-1D X Mark III vs Nikon D6 | Nikon D6 vs Nikon D5 – Comparison. Continue reading “Nikon D6 DSLR Camera Release Date Delayed to May 2020”
Tokina reveals updated 2020 lens roadmap with new lenses for DSLR, mirrorless cameras.
For their 70th anniversary, Tokina officially announce Tokina new lens line-up which will be released in 2020 year. This new Tokina lenses 2020 line-up was originally planned to be presented at the biggest annual Asian Camera and Imaging photo show CP+2020 (Yokohama, Japan). Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, the show was canceled.
New Tokina APS-C DSLR Lens for Canon and Nikon: Continue reading “New Tokina Lenses 2020 Line-up Announced”
Capture One has released an update (Capture One version 20.0.3) that adds support for seven new camera bodies from Fujifilm, Nikon, Canon and Olympus as well as six new lenses from Sony, Nikon and Pentax.
The Capture One 20 update also brings new performance enahncements and fixes some reported bugs. Continue reading “Capture One Pro 20 Adds Support for Fujifilm X-T4, X100V, Nikon D780, D3500 and More”