According to latest rumors, Sigma will soon announce a new ultra-wide prime lens – Sigma 14mm f/1.4 DG DN | Art lens for Sony E-mount and L-mount. This lens will be the world’s fastest 14mm full frame mirrorless lens, below are specs of Sigma 14mm f/1.4 DG DN | Art lens:
Sigma 14mm f/1.4 DG DN | Art Lens Specs
- Lens construction: 19 elements in 15 groups (3 FLD glass, 1 SLD glass, 4 aspherical lenses)
- Shortest shooting distance: 30cm
- Maximum magnification: 1:11.9
- Number of aperture blades: 11 (circular aperture)
- Size: 101.4 x 149.9mm (151.9mm for E-mount version)
- Weight: 1170g (1160g for E-mount version)
- Cover-type lens cap: LC1014-01
- Tripod socket: TS-141
- Guide plate: GP-11
The ON1 Photo RAW 2023.5 is coming in June and will include the new Resize AI with Face Recovery, new Masking Tools and Curves Control, improved raw processing for better quality images, and more:
Photo RAW 2023.5 is a free update for ON1 Everything subscribers and owners of version 2023. You can order now with coupon code NEW2023-5 for a special introductory price.
Here are the key features coming in version 2023.5 in early June:
- New Face Recovery Technology in Resize AI for upscaling faces with remarkable detail. Perfect for upscaling old photos or cropping a portrait or headshot out and upscaling it to super-resolution.
- Upgraded raw processing for more natural shadows, fewer edge artifacts, and more responsive sliders
- Greatly improved Refine Mask Brush for masking challenging areas like hair and trees
- New Encircle option in the Refine Mask tool, to draw around the borders of an object when masking
- Enhanced Mask AI for improved masking in photos of people and animals
- New dropper tool for the Curves control in Effects
- Zooming and panning the preview as well as adjusting tool properties such as brush size can now be accomplished simultaneously with the scroll-wheel
- New Cameras and Lenses
Sigma has added three lenses to its line-up. The Sigma 17mm F4 DG DN and a 50mm F2 DG DN compact, mid-priced ‘I Series’ primes as part of its Contemporary range and a 23mm F1.4 DC DN for APS-C Sony E, Fujifilm X & Leica L-mounts.
All these three lenses will be officially released in late April 2023.
Key specifications 17mmF/4 DG DN
- Lens construction: 9 elements in 8 groups (2 SLD and 3 aspherical elements)
- Angle-of-view: 103.7°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focusing distance: 12cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:3.6
- Filter size: 55mm
- Dimensions: 64.0mm x 48.8mm
- Weight: 225g
Key specifications 23mm F/1.4 DC DN
- Lens construction: 13 elements in 10 groups (3 SLD and 2 aspherical elements)
- Angle-of-view: 63.4°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Minimum focusing distance: 25cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:7.3
- Filter size: 52mm
- Dimensions: 65.8mm x 76.9mm
- Weight: 340g
Key specifications 50mm F/2 DG DN
- Lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups (1 SLD and 3 aspherical elements)
- Angle-of-view: 46.8°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focusing distance: 45cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:6.9
- Filter size: 58mm
- Dimensions: 70.0mm x 68.0mm
- Weight: 350g
Continue reading “Officially Announced: New Sigma 17mm f/4, 50mm f/2 and 23mm f/1.4 lenses”
The latest rumor suggests that Sigma will announce the 17mm f/4 DG DN, 50mm f/2 DG DN & 23mm f/1.4 DC DN Lenses within the next few weeks.
Since the 17mm f/4 and 50mm f/2 are compatible with magnetic metal caps, they are probably I-series lenses with metal barrels and a high quality feel. 23mm f/1.4 DC DN is an easy-to-use prime lens, so I think many people have been waiting for it. Pricing and release date are unknown at this time. Continue reading “Sigma 17mm f/4, 50mm f/2 & 23mm f/1.4 Lenses Will be Announced Within the Next few Weeks”
Sigma has announced three new primes for Nikon Z APS-C cameras: Sigma 16mm F1.4 / 30mm F1.4/ 56mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens. They are now listed at B&H.
All the new primes have bright, f/1.4 maximum apertures with compact builds with 35mm equivalent focal lengths of 24mm, 45mm, and 84mm, respectively.
Three F1.4 prime lenses (16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary, 30mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary, 56mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary), which are currently available in five mounts (Sony E-mount, Canon EF-M mount, FUJIFILM X Mount, Micro Four Thirds mount and L-Mount) will be simultaneously released in Z Mount.
Continue reading “Sigma Announces Trio of Nikon Z Mount Primes for APS-C Cameras”
Sigma will soon announce three new prime lenses: Sigma 17mm f/4 DG DN, 50mm f/2 DG DN & 23mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lenses. New Sigma lenses will be available in L mount, Sony E mount, Fujifilm X mount.
Here are the leaked specifications of the upcoming 17mm f/4, 50mm f/2, 23mm f/1.4 Lenses. Continue reading “Sigma 17mm f/4, 50mm f/2, 23mm f/1.4 Lenses Specs Leaked”
Sigma announced an updated version of the popular 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art prime lens for L-Mount and Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. This is the fifth lens in Sigma’s DG DN Art series lineup, joining existing 20mm, 24mm, 35mm and 85mm prime offerings.
Inside the lens, the 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art has eleven rounded aperture blades to deliver smother and rounder bokeh. There are 14 elements in 11 groups, with 3 aspherical lenses and 1 SLD glass element.
The 50mm F1.4 DN DG Art is 110mm (4.3″) long, with a diameter of 78mm (3.1″), and has a 72mm filter thread. It weighs 670g (23.6oz). The current Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art model pales in comparison to the new Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG DN Art, boasting a smaller filter size and a much lighter weight.
The 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art is expected in late February 2023 at a $849 MSRP. Check availability at BHPhoto and Adorama.
Continue reading “Officially Announced : Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art for L-Mount and Sony E-mount”
Sigma has just officially announced the new Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens for Sony E and Leica L mounts. It is the second full-frame mirrorless zoom lens in the Sigma Sports line, covering a vast 10x range and is well-suited for a wide variety of subjects, including sports, wildlife, portraiture, and fast-moving action.
Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens (Leica L): $1,999 at B&H, Adorama.
Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens (Sony E): $1,999 at B&H, Adorama.
At a Glance
- Lens construction of 27 elements in 19 groups (2 FLD and 3 SLD)
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm
- HLA (High-response Linear Actuator) motors, compatible with high-speed autofocus
- Dust and Splash Resistant Structure
- Water and Oil Repellent Coating (front element)
- Newly designed “OS2” Optical Stabilizer function: 7 stops at the wide end and 6 stops at the telephoto end
- Rotary zooming using the zoom ring, and zooming grasping the end of the lens
- Minimum focusing distance at 60mm is 45cm, with a 1:2.4 maximum magnification at 200mm
- Three AFL buttons for easy customization and operate in any orientation
- Weighs 5.5 pounds
- Technical specifications
- Sample photos
- Hands-on reports at Explora
- First look
- Press Text
Continue reading “Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG DN OS Sports Lens Announced, Priced $1,999, Available for Pre-Order”
According to the latest rumors, Sigma will announce a new 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG DN OS lens for Sony E-mount and their first lens for Nikon Z-mount in early 2023. Here are the leaked specifications of the upcoming Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports lens.
The previously rumored Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports lens will be the replacement for the current 60-600mm model.
Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports Specs
- Lens construction: 27 elements in 19 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance: 45-260cm
- Maximum magnification: 1:2.4
- Number of aperture blades: 9 (circular aperture)
- Filter diameter: 105mm
- Size: φ119.4mm x 279.2mm (281.2mm for E-mount version)
- Weight: 2495g (2485g for E-mount version)
- Hood: LH1144-02
- Lens cap: LC-740E
- Tripod socket: TS-121
If you’re not happy with the Tamron 50-400mm F/4.5-6.3‘s telephoto reach, then Sigma’s new high-magnification telephoto zoom 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 could be just what you’re looking for – a perfect alternative to satisfy your photography needs!
Sigma has just officially announced the new Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for FUJIFILM X mount. It is ideal for a wide range of photo and video applications including landscapes, protraits, street photography, architecture and events. It is a small, light and brand standard zoom lens for Fujifilm x mount.
The US price of the Sigma 18–50mm f/2.8 DC DN lens is $549 and set for release in December 2022.
First review is here at Sigma Adds FUJIFILM X-Mount Version of 18-50mm f/2.8 Contemporary Lens
Below are the detailed specifications of Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens: Continue reading “Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for FUJIFILM X Announced, Priced $549”