RICOH IMAGING has announced the development of the second new generation of HD PENTAX-D FA★ 85mmF1.4 SDM AW lens. This is a new-generation high-performance Star-series lens which is known for the perfect image quality. This lens is scheduled to be released in late 2020.
Pentax say the lens series has the following credentials:
- Best possible image quality with uniform sharpness from the centre to the edges of the image.
- Large aperture with particularly expressive images.
- High build quality, durable materials for longevity and easy handling
“After the release of the PENTAX-D FA* 50mm, it quickly became one of the most popular lenses for use with the PENTAX 35mm system. Since then, many PENTAX photographers have requested additional lenses to extend the range of prime lenses. Based on this, it is with great pleasure that we announce the development of another high-performance lens in this series. With the HD PENTAX-D FA* 85mm f/1.4 SDM AW, we continue to pursue particularly high image quality without compromise.”, comment Pentax.
Pentax say that the lens should be available from late 2020, and no pricing has been announced as yet.
Pentax-D FA* 85mm f/1.4 SDM AW lens key features:
- By incorporating three Super ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical elements, it effectively compensates chromatic aberrations and produces brilliant, high-contrast images even from open aperture.
- Adopts one aspherical lens and achieves high delineation performance with good correction of spherical aberration, coma and field curvature.
- High speed and smooth operation with newly developed SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) equipped with high torque ring-type ultrasonic motor.
- Developing as an AW (All Weather model) this lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant structure to prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the lens interior.