Sigma today officially announced the new 10-18mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary ultra-wide lens for APS-C mirrorless cameras. The US price of the Sigma 10-18mm F2.8 DC DN is $599 and will be available from October 26th. Pre-orders open at Adorama | B&H and soon Amazon.
The ultra-wide 10-18mm F2.8 DC DN Contemporary zoom lens will be available in Sony E, Fujifilm X and Leica/Panasonic/Sigma L-mount, giving a 15-27mm equivalent range in full-frame terms. This lens will be perfect for travelers, vloggers, and family photographers looking for excellent image quality as well as mobility. With its f/2.8 maximum aperture and 7-blade diaphragm, pleasant bokeh and strong low-light performance is ensured. Continue reading “Sigma 10-18mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens Officially Announced”
Sigma has announced the development of the Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG DN OS Sports lens for E mount and L-mount mirrorless cameras.
Specs released by Sigma France show it will have 20 elements in 15 groups, including six fluorite-like FLD elements, two super-low dispersion elements and three aspherical lenses. It will have a 77mm filter diameter and will weigh 1345g (47.4 oz) in L-mount form and 10g (0.7 oz) less in E-mount.
Pricing has not yet been announced but the company says it will be available from December this year. This is going to be an affordable alternative to the current super expensive (and excellent performance) Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II Lens. Continue reading “Development announcement of SIGMA 70-200mm F2.8 DG DN OS｜Sports”
Sigma has officially announced two new additional lenses for Fujifilm X Mount:
All compatible lenses for Fujifilm | Fujifilm Lens Abbreviations and Meanings
The Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS lens is expected to retail for $949, while the 23mm F1.4 DC DN lens will be priced at around $549. Both lenses are set to become available starting from September 21st. Additionally, for those who already own either lens in E or L mounts, Sigma offers a mount conversion service to convert them to X-mount. Continue reading “Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 & 23mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lenses for Fujifilm X-Mount”
Sigma today has officially announced the new 14mm f/1.4 DG DN Art lens. The Sigma 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art will be available in L-mount and Sony E-mount. The US price for this lens is $1,599, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama.
Sigma 14mm f/1.4 DG DN Art Lens Features
- Lens construction: 19 elements, 15 groups (1 SLD, 3 FLD and 4 aspherical elements)
- Inner focus system
- Compatible with high-speed autofocus
- HLA (High-response Linear Actuator) motor
- Compatible with lens aberration correction*
- Support DMF, AF+MF
- Compatible with AF assist function (Sony E-mount only)
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Aperture Ring
- Aperture Ring Click switch
- Focus Mode switch
- AFL button (customisable on some models
- Petal-type Hood (fixed)
- MFL (Manual Focus Lock) switch
- Rear filter holder
- Specially designed front cap (Filter slots, Lock mechanism)
- Dust and Splash Resistant Structure
- Water and Oil Repellent Coating (Front element)
- Tripod Socket (TS-141)
- Support for switching between linear focus / non-linear focus ring settings (L-Mount only)**
- Compatible with the SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (Optional / L-Mount only)
- Designed to minimise flare and ghosting
- Every single lens undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
- Made in Japan craftsmanship
* Function available on supported cameras only. Available corrections may vary depending on the camera model. On cameras where aberration correction is controlled with ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’ in the camera menu, please set all aberration correction functions to ‘ON’ (AUTO).
** Only on compatible cameras.
According to latest rumors, Sigma will soon announce a new ultra-wide prime lens – Sigma 14mm f/1.4 DG DN | Art lens for Sony E-mount and L-mount.
The US price for this lens is $1,599, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video/Adorama.
This lens will be the world’s fastest 14mm full frame mirrorless lens, below are specs of Sigma 14mm f/1.4 DG DN | Art lens:
Sigma 14mm f/1.4 DG DN | Art Lens Specs
- Lens construction: 19 elements in 15 groups (3 FLD glass, 1 SLD glass, 4 aspherical lenses)
- Shortest shooting distance: 30cm
- Maximum magnification: 1:11.9
- Number of aperture blades: 11 (circular aperture)
- Size: 101.4 x 149.9mm (151.9mm for E-mount version)
- Weight: 1170g (1160g for E-mount version)
- Cover-type lens cap: LC1014-01
- Tripod socket: TS-141
- Guide plate: GP-11
Sigma has added three lenses to its line-up. The Sigma 17mm F4 DG DN and a 50mm F2 DG DN compact, mid-priced ‘I Series’ primes as part of its Contemporary range and a 23mm F1.4 DC DN for APS-C Sony E, Fujifilm X & Leica L-mounts.
All these three lenses will be officially released in late April 2023.
Key specifications 17mmF/4 DG DN
- Lens construction: 9 elements in 8 groups (2 SLD and 3 aspherical elements)
- Angle-of-view: 103.7°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focusing distance: 12cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:3.6
- Filter size: 55mm
- Dimensions: 64.0mm x 48.8mm
- Weight: 225g
Key specifications 23mm F/1.4 DC DN
- Lens construction: 13 elements in 10 groups (3 SLD and 2 aspherical elements)
- Angle-of-view: 63.4°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Minimum focusing distance: 25cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:7.3
- Filter size: 52mm
- Dimensions: 65.8mm x 76.9mm
- Weight: 340g
Key specifications 50mm F/2 DG DN
- Lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups (1 SLD and 3 aspherical elements)
- Angle-of-view: 46.8°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focusing distance: 45cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:6.9
- Filter size: 58mm
- Dimensions: 70.0mm x 68.0mm
- Weight: 350g
Continue reading “Officially Announced: New Sigma 17mm f/4, 50mm f/2 and 23mm f/1.4 lenses”
The latest rumor suggests that Sigma will announce the 17mm f/4 DG DN, 50mm f/2 DG DN & 23mm f/1.4 DC DN Lenses within the next few weeks.
Since the 17mm f/4 and 50mm f/2 are compatible with magnetic metal caps, they are probably I-series lenses with metal barrels and a high quality feel. 23mm f/1.4 DC DN is an easy-to-use prime lens, so I think many people have been waiting for it. Pricing and release date are unknown at this time. Continue reading “Sigma 17mm f/4, 50mm f/2 & 23mm f/1.4 Lenses Will be Announced Within the Next few Weeks”
Sigma has announced three new primes for Nikon Z APS-C cameras: Sigma 16mm F1.4 / 30mm F1.4/ 56mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens. They are now listed at B&H.
All the new primes have bright, f/1.4 maximum apertures with compact builds with 35mm equivalent focal lengths of 24mm, 45mm, and 84mm, respectively.
Three F1.4 prime lenses (16mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary, 30mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary, 56mm F1.4 DC DN | Contemporary), which are currently available in five mounts (Sony E-mount, Canon EF-M mount, FUJIFILM X Mount, Micro Four Thirds mount and L-Mount) will be simultaneously released in Z Mount.
Continue reading “Sigma Announces Trio of Nikon Z Mount Primes for APS-C Cameras”
Sigma will soon announce three new prime lenses: Sigma 17mm f/4 DG DN, 50mm f/2 DG DN & 23mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lenses. New Sigma lenses will be available in L mount, Sony E mount, Fujifilm X mount.
Here are the leaked specifications of the upcoming 17mm f/4, 50mm f/2, 23mm f/1.4 Lenses. Continue reading “Sigma 17mm f/4, 50mm f/2, 23mm f/1.4 Lenses Specs Leaked”
Sigma announced an updated version of the popular 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art prime lens for L-Mount and Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. This is the fifth lens in Sigma’s DG DN Art series lineup, joining existing 20mm, 24mm, 35mm and 85mm prime offerings.
Inside the lens, the 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art has eleven rounded aperture blades to deliver smother and rounder bokeh. There are 14 elements in 11 groups, with 3 aspherical lenses and 1 SLD glass element.
The 50mm F1.4 DN DG Art is 110mm (4.3″) long, with a diameter of 78mm (3.1″), and has a 72mm filter thread. It weighs 670g (23.6oz). The current Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM Art model pales in comparison to the new Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG DN Art, boasting a smaller filter size and a much lighter weight.
The 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art is expected in late February 2023 at a $849 MSRP. Check availability at BHPhoto and Adorama.
Continue reading “Officially Announced : Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG DN Art for L-Mount and Sony E-mount”