DxOMark published their tests and review of 24.2MP sensor inside the Canon EOS R8 camera ($1,499).
According to sensor review, the Canon EOS R8 gets an outstanding overall DxOmark score of 93 points, with a combination of 24.5 bits color depth, 14.7 EV dynamic range, and 3295 ISO low-light score.
The US price for Canon EOS R8 is $1499 and available at B&HPhoto/ Adorama.
Here are the details about the Canon EOS R8 sensor review: Continue reading “Canon EOS R8 Sensor Review : Scored 93 Points at DxOMark”
According to an anonymous source, Canon plans to announce the “RF 24-105mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens” lens in the first half of 2023. This rumor has been around for a while and is gaining more and more attention every day.
The photography industry is brimming with excitement as Canon hints at its products to be released in 2023. While this rumor is only CR1, meaning it’s not very convincing, many photographers are still excited about the possibility of this lens becoming reality.
Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Lens Reviews : Best Rf Kit Zoom
Continue reading “Canon RF 24-105mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens Rumored to Arrive in the first half of 2023”
Canon today officially announced the new Canon EOS R8, EOS R50, RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM, RF-S 55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STM Lenses. Now the new Canon EOS R8, R50, RF 24-50mm F4.5-6.3, RF-S 55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STM Lenses are available for pre-order at Adorama | B&H Photo. All products will be available in Spring 2023.
Canon EOS R8: $1,499 at B&HPhoto/ Adorama.
Canon EOS R50: $679 at B&HPhoto/ Adorama.
Canon RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens: $299 at B&HPhoto/ Adorama.
Canon RF-S 55-210mm f/5-7.1 IS STM Lens: $349 at B&HPhoto/ Adorama.
A brief overview of the new products:
- EOS R8 Body – Combines high-performance full-frame capabilities with a new compact design
- EOS R50 Body – Experience joy of creativity with APS-C camera that makes photography fun, simple and convenient.
- RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STM – An affordable, versatile telephoto zoom lens that gets you closer to the action
- RF 24-50mm f4.5-6.3 IS STM – A wide to standard 2X zoom lens, ideal from everyday photos to special occasions.
Continue reading “Canon EOS R8, R50, RF 24-50mm F4.5-6.3, RF-S 55-210mm F5-7.1 Officially Announced”
Finally, some definitive rumors started to come on the Canon side. Canon will announce two camera bodies very soon alongside the recently uncovered Canon RF 24-50mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM.
The long rumored Canon EOS R8 will be announced, along with the Canon EOS R50. If we’re going by the information in this post, the Canon EOS R8 will be full-frame and the Canon EOS R50 will be APS-C and will likely be the evolution of the EOS M system to the RF mount.
There is also another STM lens coming with these cameras, the Canon RF-S 55-210mm f/5-7.1 IS STM. Here are the details :
Continue reading “Coming Soon : Canon EOS R8, EOS R50 w/ Two New Kit Lenses on February 8th”
Canon is expected to release at least three new RF-S lenses in 2023, two of which will be based on existing EF-M models.
One of the lenses that is rumored to be launching in the first half of 2023 is an RF-S 11-22mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM. The EF-M version of this lens was a favorite of EOS M shooters when it was first released, and it remains a popular choice today thanks to its excellent image quality and affordable price.
Canon recently announced the new RF-S 18–45mm F4.5–6.3 IS STM and RF-S 18–150mm F3.5–6.3 IS STM that are designed to be paired with the new EOS R7 and R10 cameras. In addition to these products, Canon is rumored to announce several new RF-S APS-C mirrorless lenses in 2023.
At the moment, CP+ is also scheduled to be held locally, so what kind of new products will Canon announce for CP+? We’re looking forward to it.
Irix released a new version of their 150mm T3.0 macro 1:1 cine lens for EF/RF/E/Z/MFT/MFT/PL mount. Check availability and pricing at Adorama, Amazon, and B&H.
Irix 150mm cine lens features
- Ultra HD 8K ready optics with superb image resolution
- Full Frame 43.3mm coverage
- Weather-sealed construction
- Same height aperture and focus rings
- Similar size and weight
- Color matched
- Standard 0.8m pitch mod gears
- Standard front diameter of 95mm
- Multiple mounts: Canon EF, Arri PL, Canon RF, Sony E, MFT, Leica L, Nikon Z
Continue reading “New Irix Cine 150mm T3.0 Macro 1:1 Lens Released”
Canon today officially announced the new Canon EOS R6 Mark II & RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens. Now the new products – Canon EOS R6 Mark II & RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens – are available for pre-order at B&H, Adorama.
Canon EOS R6 Mark II Pre-order links:
Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens Pre-order links:
Canon Speedlite EL-5 Flash Pre-order links:
Canon EOS R6 Mark II Key Features
- 24.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- 4K60 10-Bit Internal Video, C-Log 3
- External 6K ProRes RAW Recording
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
- 12 fps Mech. Shutter, 40 fps E. Shutter
- Sensor-Shift 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- 3.69m-Dot OLED EVF
- 3″ 1.62m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- Dual UHS-II Memory Card Slots
- Multi-Function Shoe, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens Key Features
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- Nano USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Air Sphere Coating
- Lens Function Buttons and Control Ring
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Canon Speedlite EL-5 Key Features
- 2.4 GHz Wireless Radio Transmission
- Guide Number: 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm
- Runs on LP-EL Lithium-Ion Battery
- Modeling Lamp; Multi-Function Shoe
- Zoom Range: 24-200mm (14mm with Panel)
- Recycle Time: 0.1-1.2 Seconds
- Extended Control from 1/1 to 1/1024
- Joystick, Dial, and High-Definition LCD
- Remote Control with Camera Connect App
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
Continue reading “Canon EOS R6 Mark II & RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Lens Officially Announced”
Venus Optics announced a new lens, the Laowa 58mm f/2.8 2x Ultra-Macro APO for designed specifically for mirrorless camera systems.
The Laowa 58mm f/2.8 2x Ultra-Macro APO sells at $499 and is available at Venus Optics and available for Canon R, Leica L, Nikon Z and Sony E mount. Venus Optics lenses are sold at Amazon, Adorama and B&H.
This manual focus macro lens offers a maximum 2:1 magnification ratio for larger-than-life macro photos. The 58mm lens is constructed of 14 elements in 11 groups, including 3 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and 3 Ultra-High Refractive Index elements. It uses a 13 blade aperture diaphragm, has an aperture range of F2.8 through F22, has a minimum focusing distance of 18.5cm (7.3”) and uses a 67mm front filter thread. The lens measures 74mm (2.9”) in diameter by 117mm (4.0”) in length and weighs 595g (1.3lbs). Continue reading “Laowa 58mm f/2.8 2x Ultra-Macro APO Lens Announced”
Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Biotar 58mm f/1.5 II Lens is now officially released. The new Biotar 58 f/1.5 II lens is available for most camera mounts. The new lens is now available at BHphoto. Here are the details : Continue reading “Meyer Optik Görlitz – Biotar 58 f1.5 II Now Available”
Here is the rumored Canon RF-S lens roadmap mirrorless APS-C camera system. The leaked RF-S Lens Roadmap reveals 5 new lenses for Canon APS-c mirrorless cameras.
Canon recently announced the new RF-S 18–45mm F4.5–6.3 IS STM and RF-S 18–150mm F3.5–6.3 IS STM that are designed to be paired with the new EOS R7 and R10 cameras. In addition to these products, Canon is rumored to announce the following new RF-S APS-C mirrorless lens in the next few months.
- Canon RF-S 22mm f/2 STM Lens
- Canon RF-S 11-55mm f/4-4.5 IS STM Lens
- Canon RF-S 55-250mm f/4.5-7.1 IS STM Lens
- Canon RF-S 16-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens
- Canon RF-S 32mm f/1.4 STM Lens
Canon EOS R7, R10 and Two New RF-S Lenses Now Available for Pre-order at B&H, Adorama.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Rumors and get latest Canon News.