Atomos announces development of ProRes RAW support on the Ninja V for Sony Alpha 1 flagship mirrorless camera.. With the Apple ProRes RAW support, Sony a1 will be getting 4.3K/60p ProRes RAW external recording to Ninja V.
Designed for professional content creators, the Sony A1 has a 50.1Mp full-frame stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor with integrated memory and an upgraded Bionz XR processor. Using it with the Ninja V will enable 16-bit raw video to be compressed and recorded as 12-bit ProRes RAW.
According to Atomos, they will soon enable the Ninja V 5-inch monitor/recorder to record 12bit ProRes RAW up to 4.3K/60p from the Sony a1.
Sony a1 will be one of the best selling mirrorless cameras in 2021. You can check updates about the Sony a1 stock status. The price of the high-end full frame mirrorless camera is $6,499 and available at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. More details after the break !
In addition, the Alpha 1 and Ninja combo gives users the ability to record the 16-bit RAW from the camera’s HDMI output. This signal is then compressed and recorded as 12-bit ProRes RAW in 4K/60 in the Ninja V.
Sony A1 Features Summary
- New 50.1 megapixel full-frame stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Upgraded BIONZ XR image processing with 8x more processing power
- Blackout- free, continuous shooting at up to 30fps
- Electronic shutter flash sync up to 1/200 sec.
- 1/400 sec flash sync mechanical shutter
- 9.44 million-dot OLED Quad-XGA electronic viewfinder
- Improved Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals
- New Real-time Eye AF for birds
- 8K/30p 10-bit video recording
- 4K/120fps in 10bit 4:2:2 slow-motion
- 5.8K Super 35 mode for video, 4K/60p
- 4K/60p RAW output via HDMI to external recorder
- Dual SD and CFexpress Type A cards
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization
- S-Cinetone colour matrix from the FX9 and Sony FX6
- S-log3, S-log2, HLG, HLG2, HLG3 picture profiles