According to the interview with the Canon senior engineers, the Canon EOS R PRO full frame mirrorless camera and RF lenses in development.
The highlights from the Canon interview covers EOS R PRO camera, new and different type of EOS R bodies and upcoming compact RF lenses.
- New RF mount opens up whole new possibilities in lens design and expand the boundary of image capture.
- New RF mount has become a really big contribution to designing this really compact telephoto zoom lens RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens.
- The fact of DS technology is that it’s a coating technology, so it’s relatively easy to apply this technology to a range of different lenses.
- The best match would be the 35mm F1.8 and we believe the 24-240mm lensthat we announced will be a good companion to the EOS RP body.
- Canon is working on a lot of really compact RF lenses in the future.
- Canon is working on a lot of different types of cameras.
- Canon is working on a combination of optical and body stabilization, working together to give enhanced IS (Also called All Optical IS)
- Canon is serious about this mount, serious about this system.
- Please don’t forget the pro-level EOS R camera that you’re expecting is on the way.
Read full interview at dpreview.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!