Canon has released all of the details about the highly anticipated EOS R3 camera including price, specs and release date. The company officially announced the new Canon EOS R3, a high-speed mirrorless camera, aimed at professional sports photographers, with weather-sealing, a new Canon BSI CMOS sensor and Eye-AF control.
The US price is $5,999 and it will be released on November 30, 2021.
Watch the live-streamed announcement below.
EOS R3 Key Features:
- New Canon-developed 24.1 megapixel back-illuminated stacked CMOS sensor
- 30fps with AF/AE tracking
- Shutter speed offering a range of 30 seconds to 1/64000 of a second when using the electronic shutter
- Eye Control AF point selection
- AF tracking of people, animals (including birds) and motorsports (racing motorbikes and racing cars)
- Full width 6K 60p RAW video recorded internally to a CFexpress card
- Focus in light levels as low as –7.5 EV