Here are the very first Canon EOS R5 Mark II specs that has been rumored so far. The Rf mount full frame mirrorless camera is expected to arrive sometime in the Q2 of 2023.
You might think it’s too early to upgrade to the Canon EOS R5. Despite this, we have to admit that we are in a trend that gained momentum with the R6 Mark II. Canon won’t wait too long to update its RF mount mirrorless lineup. It’s fascinating to note that the sensor has been updated the same as the R6 II and has two DIGIC X processors. According to the latest Canon rumors, this new camera will feature 61MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor, Dual DIGIC X processor with 8-stop IBIS.
With the 61MP high resolution sensor, we believe 4K 120p and 8K 60p are unprecedented. However, if the below EOS R5 Mark II specs are true, this model seems a bit expensive. Let’s take a look at the early specs of the R5 MKII.
Below is some information about Canon EOS R5 Mark II :
Canon EOS R5 Mark II Rumored Specifications
- New 61MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- Dual DIGIC X processor
- Continuous shooting at 30 fps with electronic shutter and 12 fps with
- mechanical shutter for motion tracking
- IBIS with the same 8-stop effect as before
- High res mode, same as Sony and Fujifilm pixel shift
- 2x, 4x and 8x digital teleconverters
- Same Dual Pixel CMOS AF II as Caon EOS R3/ Canon R6 Mark II
- 8K60p internal recording (8K RAW video is being confirmed)
- 4K30p/60p/120p internal recording (both oversampling)
- Full HD240p
- Focus breathing correction function for videos
- At least 40 minutes at 8K with the same overheat protection design as the R6 Mark II
- 60 minutes in 4K video
- Dual CFexpress Type B card slots
- Standard size HDMI port
- Dual USB-C port
- 9.44 million dot EVF
- Newly designed vari-angle monitor optimized for video recording
- Release date is Q2 2023
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!