Here is the latest Canon EOS RP specifications and price information. According to recent reports, the Canon EOS RP entry-level mirrorless camera to feature 24MP full frame sensor and aggressively priced at $1,299 for body-only.
The official announcement of the Canon EOS RP will be held on February 14, 2019. The company will also announce 8 new RF lenses. Five of them expected to be official and the other three lenses could just be a development announcement.
Rumored Canon EOS RP Specifications
- Camera weight is 400g, the lightest full-frame mirrorless camera ever
- A side-articulated monitor and a comfortable grip
- A new 24MP CMOS sensor. Expect the performance similar to EOS R
- No Touch Bar and top monitor but an extra dial
- Standard ISO 100-40000
- Eye AF now supports Servo AF and Video AF
- Dual Pixel AF speed is 0.05 sec.
- USB-C and headphone jack are available. Battery charging while shooting is
- Canon Log, HDMI clean output, and 1.56x 4K crop
- The Extension Grip EG-E1 is a 1cm thick “plate” to be installed under EOS RP. It makes a better grip to hold the camera while the memory card and battery can still be removed.
- Price is about $1300USD for body (We’re really hoping it’s priced this aggressively)
Here are the 5 new Canon RF lenses.
- Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
- Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!