Landscape and architectural photographers will appreciate the wide coverage provided by the 15-35mm in such a small package, while street and event photographers should be eager to include this 24-70mm workhorse in their camera bags.
Both lenses offer dust and weather resistance, a claimed 5 stops of optical image stabilization and Nano USM motors for fast and quiet autofocus. They are around the same size but are heavier than their EF counterparts – the RF 15-35mm F2.8 weighs 840g and the 24-70mm F2.8 weighs 900g.
The RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM and RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM lenses will be available in late September.
RF15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM
As Canon’s first F2.8 wide zoom lens equipped with IS for full-frame with a CIPA standard of five stops, the RF15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM lens is furnished with edge-to-edge sharpness throughout the zoom range to capture clear images with high image clarity from the center of the image throughout the entire focal range. Speaking of focal range, the RF15-35mm is an ultra wide range that allows for broader photographic expression with more emphasis on perspective. Other components include:
- High Image quality has been achieved due to the large diameter mount and shorter back focus of the EOS R system.
- Total size of the lens is equivalent to the existing EF lens, but allows for IS, wider field of view and the control ring indicative of the RF lenses.
- Drip and dust resistant and ideal for landscape, architecture, nature, sports and portrait photography needs.
RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM
Created for a wide range of shooting scenarios from street scene snapshots to movie shooting, the RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM lens remains portable while equipped with IS. Other components include:
- Equivalent to the size of the EF counterpart but with Image Stabilization.
- High speed and high precision Nano USM motor for accurate, silent focus operation for stills and moving shooting.
- Takes moving shooting into account with focus breathing suppression during manual focus operation, sensitivity setting during MF operation, usage of the focus ring is adjustable and customization of the control ring to assign aperture, shutter speed, ISO speed and exposure compensation as desired.
Canon Camera Deals:
$300 off on Canon EOS R body: $1,999 at Amazon
$500 off on Canon EOS R with 24-105mm Lens: $2,899 at Amazon
$200 off on Canon EOS RP with 24-105mm Lens: $2,199 at Amazon
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!