Canon has announced its first product for virtual reality capture: the RF 5.2mm f/2.8 L Dual Fisheye Lens. The new lens brings stereoscopic 3D virtual reality (VR) capture to the EOS R5 as part of the EOS VR System, which includes a future firmware update for the R5 camera.
Canon RF 5.2mm f/2.8L Dual Fisheye Lens Key Features:
- Dual Fisheye lenses for 180° VR stereoscopic capture and 190-degree field of view
- Compact, lightweight design with f/2.8 aperture
- Two UD elements per lens
- Subwavelength Structure Coating (SWC)
- Precisely synchronised and controlled EMD units
Key features EOS VR SYSTEM:
- Simplified 180° VR setup and capture in a compact form
- Professional grade image quality, with 8K file size output
- A single image file enables an efficient workflow in post-production
- EOS VR Utility3,4 simplifies image conversion
- EOS VR Plug-in3,4 integrates with Adobe Premiere Pro
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!