First Ricoh GR III camera reviews now available on several sites. Ricoh GR III is a new compact camera with a 24 megapixel APS-C image sensor and 28mm fixed focal length lens.
A gallery of sample JPEG and RAW images with the Ricoh GR III can be found at PhotographyBlog website.
The Ricoh GR III currently selling for $899. Check availability at (Amazon / B&H Photo Video / Adorama) . Also check out the comparison between the Ricoh GR III vs Ricoh GR II cameras.
First Ricoh GR III Camera Reviews
From guidetocamera.com conclusion:
The Ricoh GR III is a great all round performer, which is well-suited to a range of photography subjects that the average enthusiast is likely to tackle. The camera is also smaller and lighter, arguably making it a better option for traveling.
If you regularly shoot in low light environments or high ISO speeds, and want to be able to record 4K UHD video, then the Ricoh GR III will not be a good choice.
Overall, the Ricoh GR III is a great all-round enthusiast camera for those looking for their next step up Point & Shoot with excellent image quality, and reliable performance.
From PhotographyBlog verdict:
In summary, while the new Ricoh GR III represents a significant upgrade of the 4-year-old GR II model, it still feels a little under-powered in today’s camera market, and also crucially more than a little over-priced. We’re sure that die-hard GR-series fans will continue to love the winning combination of excellent still image quality in a small, pocketable package, but the poor battery life, so-so auto-focusing and especially that big price increase are likely to put off would-be new owners.
From ePhotozine conclusion :
It’s good to see Ricoh continues to offer a unique, compact, camera with high image quality, and they are to be commended to releasing a product that offers something different to the norm. The Ricoh GR III has one main aim, and that’s to be a compact camera with a high quality lens, and high image quality, and it acomplishes this very well.
Ricoh GR III Specifications
- APS-C sensor
- 24.23 megapixels, no low pass filter
- Magnesium alloy frame
- 14-bit RAW files
- 28mm F2.8 lens with a 9 blade aperture and integrated lens cover
- 6 elements in 4 groups to help reduce the size of the lens barrel
- 3-Axis image stabilisation, 4 stops of compensation
- Dust Removal II system
- Anti-aliasing filter simulator to eliminate moire
- 6cm macro mode
- Fixed 3-inch touchscreen LCD with 1.04-million-dot resolution, outdoor view setting
- ISO 100-102400
- Hybrid AF system that uses phase and contrast detection
- 8 types of AF, including continuous AF and Face AF modes
- 10 image filters
- HDR effect
- In-camera RAW editing
- Interval shooting
- Multi-exposure mode, up to 2000 images
- 35mm and 50mm crop modes (reduced megapixels)
- Built in ND filter
- Customisable ADJ selector and Fn button
- 3 User shooting modes
- Bluetooth and wi-fi connectivity via the Ricoh ImageSync app
- 2Gb built-in memory
- USB Type C port for charging
- DCI 4K video at up to 30p, 6K sampling
- 1080p video at 60fps
- Single SD memory card slot
- USB battery charging
Full specs can be found here.