Fujifilm today has officially announced the new Fujifilm X-A7 APS-C mirrorless camera. The X-A7 features an all-new 24MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III sensor with the same color reproduction, famous film simulations, quality, and abilities as the sensors riding in their top-tier X-system cameras like the X-T3 and X-Pro2.
The press release can be found here, the product page is here. The US price for X-A7 with XC 15-45mm kit lens costs $699, release date on October 24th, 2019. Pre-orders are now open at Adorama, B&H and Amazon.
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and Hybrid Autofocus
The 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor enables recording high-resolution stills and video in a variety of lighting conditions. It offers a native sensitivity range from ISO 200-12800, which can be expanded to ISO 100-51200 to better suit working in ultra bright or ultra dark scenarios. UHD 4K video can be recorded at up to 29.97p and Full HD recording is possible at up to 59.94p. For stills shooting, a continuous rate of 6 fps is possible for working with moving subjects.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the sensor also affords a 117-area hybrid autofocus system that uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods for quick and precise AF.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Large 3.5″ 2.76m-dot touchscreen LCD enables intuitive control over shooting settings. The screen also has a swivel design to benefit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to wirelessly share imagery and remotely control the camera from a linked mobile device.
- Sleek and stylish, the X-A7 has a retro-themed design fit with silver-colored leatherette.
- Included WP-W126S battery provides approximately 270 shots per charge in normal mode or approximately 440 shots per charge in economy mode.
- Built-in pop-up flash is available to provide additional illumination when working in low light, and the Super Intelligent Flash technology automatically balances flash output according to your scene.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography