Fujifilm has announced the X-E4, price tag from $849, a new entry-level mirrorless camera boasting 26.1-megapixel resolution and 4K video capability.
The lightweight, compact Fujifilm X-E4 weighs just 364g and is a replacement for the popular X-E3. The new Fujifilm camera boasts a 26.1-megapixel X Trans CMOS 4 sensor, which is paired with Fujifilm’s latest 4th generation processor. The X-E4 also shares its 2.36M-dot OLED viewfinder with the X-S10, along with similar optics, providing 0.62X magnification, in full-frame terms. The rear screen is a 1.63M-dot touchscreen that folds up or down by 180 degrees, allowing selfies or vlogging-style video shooting.
As for video, the Fujifilm X-E4 oversamples 6k footage to record 4K, 30p 4:2:0 8-bit video to internal media, or 4K, 30p 4:2:2 10-bit video via its built-in HDMI port. The Fujifilm X-E4 can also record high-speed full-HD video at 240fps for ultra-slow motion movies.
Fujifilm X-E4 Specs
- 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor
- DCI/UHD 4K at 30 fps, Full HD at 240 fps
- 2.36m-Dot 0.62x OLED EVF
- 3.0″ 1.62m-Dot 180° Tilting Touchscreen
- 425-Point Hybrid AF System
- ISO 160-12800, up to 30-fps Shooting
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Film Simulation Modes
Fujifilm X-E4 Price & Release Date
The Fujifilm X-E4 price tag for the black or silver body only is $849. The X-E4 price rises to $1050 for the camera body plus the XF 27mm lens.
The Fujifilm X-E4 release date is set for 4 March.
Fujifilm GFX 100S, X-E4 cameras, GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR, XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR and XF 27mm f/2.8 R WR Lenses
- Fujifilm GFX100S: Press Release / Product Page / Samples
- Fujinon GF80mmF1.7: Press Release / Product Page / Samples
- Fujifilm X-E4: Press Release / Product Page / Samples
- Fujinon XF70-300mmF4-5.6: Press Release / Product Page / Samples
- Fujinon XF27mmF2.8 R WR: Press Release / Product Page / Samples
Read more Fujifilm Camera Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.