Fujifilm X-T4 review from Dpreview has been published. Accornig to the test results the new Fujifilm X-T4 achieved an impressive 88% overall score and Gold Award from the experts at DPReview.
The new Fujifilm X-T4 is expected to be one of the best selling mirrorless cameras in 2020. So, if you are interested or want to get as far to the front of the list as you can, you should probably go ahead and pre-order now.
Check out the Fujifilm X-T4 review details below.
Conclusion from DPReview:
The X-T4 is one of the most expensive APS-C cameras available but also probably the most capable. Its autofocus system isn’t quite as consistent or refined as the best of its rivals but in every other respect it excels. Its images are attractive, its video quality superb and it’s engaging to shoot with.
What we like:
- Excellent image quality
- Wide choice of attractive color modes
- Very good video quality
- Effective and customizable ergonomics
- Image stabilization allows hand-held video shooting and more stable stills
- 15 fps shooting with mechanical shutter and >100 shot JPEG buffer
- Fully-articulating screen great for video
- Good separation of stills and video to enable fast switching
- Separate stills and video menus simplify things even for stills-only shooters
- Good battery life
- Can be charged or operated with USB power
- Extensive customization of buttons and interfaces
- Strong range of video tools (peaking, zebras, punch-in while recording, corrected preview for Log shooting)
- 10-bit internal Log capture with selection of useful LUTs provided
What we don’t like:
- Autofocus performance is heavily subject-dependent
- No AF subject tracking in video
- AF performance highly lens dependent
- Face/eye detection is awkwardly integrated and not as dependable as rival systems
- IS system not great at identifying intentional movement (can give ‘grabby’ results)
- Buffer lasts less than 3 seconds for Raw at 15fps
- Limited video recording time may be restrictive for certain types of shooting
- Need to retain USB-C dongle to attach headphones
- Fully articulating screen may not be your preferred option for stills shooting
- No external charger provided
Fujifilm X-T4 Key Features:
- 26.1MP X-Trans CMOS 4 sensor
- X-Processor 4 quad-core imaging engine
- 3.0 inch touch screen color LCD display
- In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) system
- 0.5 inch approx. 3.69 million dots OLED Color Viewfinder
- AF-C system provides fast and accurate auto-focusing
- 30fps continuous shooting
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth version 4.2, SD card slot
- Intuitive design with comfortable control
- Features Fujifilm X mount
Fujifilm X-T4 body: $1,699 at B&H Photo Video/Adorama/Amazon.
Fujifilm X-T4 with 18-55mm Lens: $2,099 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Fujifilm X-T4 with 16-80mm Lens: $2,199 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Read more: Best Memory Cards for Fujifilm X-T4 | Best Lenses for Fujifilm X-T4
Read more Fujifilm Camera Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.