Here are the full Sony a7S III specs ahead of the official announcement.
Sony a7S III will be officially announced on July 28, 2020 at 10:00 EDT, and it is now listed at B&H. The preorder starts at 10am ET, Tue Jul 28.
Full Sony a7S III specifications:
- Sony a7S III body price: around $3,500
- New 12MP full frame CMOS sensor with fast readout
- Records FHD@240fps, 4K@120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K@120fps raw over HDMI
- No Limited record time for 4K@60p video, Full HD@180fps with full AF and sound.
- No internal RAW
- New codec similar to Sony FX9
- AF system is similar to Sony a7R IV
- 600mbps bitrate
- Base ISO 160 for S-LOG3
- No Dual ISO
- Max ISO 409600 (video)
- 16bit RAW output
- Sony claims 15 stops dynamic range
- World’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- New kind of passive (noise free) cooling system
- No overheating, no recording time limits
- Two card slots: UHS-II SD card and CFexpress Type A card support (each of the two slots takes them both!)
- Removable port door. Two usb-c, one micro hdmi, no flash sync port.
- Design similar to Sony a7R IV
- Fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- Official announcement on July 28th
- Shipment start mid August
First Leaked Images of Upcoming Sony a7S III
Here are several leaked images of Sony a7S III on the web.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography