DxOMark completed their full in-depth review for 60MP BSI sensor inside the Leica M11 camera. According to their sensor review and test results; the Leica M11 achieved an excellent overall DxOMark sensor score of 100 points, with a combination of 26.3 bits color depth, 14.8 EV dynamic range, and 3376 ISO low-light score.
With an overall sensor score of 100, Leica M11 is a state-of-the-art high pixel count full-frame 35mm format sensor. This is also 4 points higher than the Leica Q2 at 96 points, the last best performing Leica sensor they tested.
Conclusion on the Leica M11 Sensor Review and Test Results
Leica M11 is the most refined version of the digital M-type rangefinder models to date. Operation between the M-models and others has been unified and the sensor performance is at the leading edge, especially regarding dynamic range and color depth. Sure, it’s a pricey option for most people, but no one can say the Leica M11 is lacking in any way. Small and stealthy and with the black model now weighing less than its film siblings, the Leica M11 is going to appeal to a wide audience. Every practitioner of social documentary, street, portraiture, and landscape genres will want one….”
Leica M11 Key Features
- 60MP Full-Frame BSI CMOS Sensor
- Triple Resolution Technology
- Optical 0.73x-Magnification Viewfinder
- 2.95″ 2.3m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- Internal 64GB Memory and SD UHS-II Slot
- ISO 64-50000, Up to 4.5-fps Shooting
- Wi-Fi & USB Type-C, Dedicated FOTOS App
- Lightweight Aluminum Top Plate
- Electronic Shutter, Multi-Field Metering
- Live View Stabilization