Leica Q3 camera to be announced soon! According to latest Leica Rumors Leica Q3 announcement expected in May/June 2023 timeframe. Here are some updated Leica Q3 specifications ahead of the official announcement.
The Leica Q2 is a fixed-lens, full-frame camera sporting a new 47.3MP sensor and a sharp, stabilized 28mm F1.7 Summilux lens. Leica has paired the sensor with an updated Maestro processing engine to enable a sensitivity range of ISO 50–50,000, a maximum continuous shooting rate of up to 20fps with the electronic shutter, and 4K (3840 x2160) video recording at 24/30fps (or C4K 4096 x 2160 at 24p).
- Announcement expected in May/June 2023 timeframe
- Same sensor and image processor as the Leica M11
- Same body, lens, and image stabilization as the Leica Q2
- Code name “Wilson”
- Higher price than the Q2 (currently $5,795)
- Swivel screen
- Higher PR EVF
- Internal memory
- USB C charging
- No 8k video
- Phase detect AF
- New handgrip with wireless charging
- Same Leica BP-SCL4 lithium-ion battery but with higher power/mAh (milliamp/hour)
From the information so far, it seems that the Leica Q3 will be a model with a tilt-type monitor and an increased number of images from the current 47.3 million pixels to 60 million pixels. It seems likely that the lens will not change.
Stay tuned for more information