Metabones has announced the Nikon G Lens to Fuji G-mount (GFX) Expander 1.26x, which allows users to use Nikon F mount lenses on Fujifilm GFX bodies. The Metabones Nikon F to GFX mount adapter will be priced at $519.
The mount adapter is compatible with Nikon F-mount lenses with mechanical aperture lever, but can also be used DX lenses; however, Metabones warns this will cause severe vignetting in most conditions. See the press text of Metabones Introduces Nikon G Lens to Fuji G-mount (GFX) Expander 1.26x below.
Petersburg, VA, USA, Feb 21, 2020: Metabones® and Caldwell Photographic Inc. are pleased to jointly announce the NF – GFX mount Expander 1.26x. It allows Nikon F mount lenses to be mounted on Fujifilm GFX camera bodies without getting dark and / or soft corners. The magnification factor of 1.26x perfectly matches the image circle of the full-frame Nikon lenses to the medium-format sensor of the GFX series cameras, and therefore the diagonal FOV remains exactly the same.
The optical design consists of 5 elements in 3 groups, incorporating ultra-high index Lanthanumbased optical glass as well as one element made of fused silica, resulting in extremely good performances with professional-grade f/2.8 zoom lenses. For example, a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens becomes a 30-88mm f/3.5 zoom, and a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens becomes an 88-252mm f/3.5 zoom.
Please note that because of the nature of focal extenders, the aperture values decrease by 2/3 of a stop; f/2.8 becomes f/3.5 and f/2 becomes f/2.5. High-speed fixed focal length lenses such as the 50mm f/1.4 will be transformed into a very fast standard lens 63mm f/1.8 for the GFX system.
The GFX mount Expander features Metabones’ unique manual G aperture adjustment mechanism, which has the same angular throw distance as earlier Nikon Ai/AiS lenses, which features a linearized f-stop adjustment as a function of aperture ring adjustment angle. The mechanism is clickless in order to maximize its usefulness to cinematographers.
Metabones® Nikon G – GFX Expander 1.26x is available right now from the Metabones website and its worldwide dealer network for US$519, and the optic-free version adapter* will be available for US$179, plus shipping and applicable taxes and duties.
*Limitation: Both Nikon full-frame and DX lens may NOT have enough coverage for the GFX cameras when used in conjunction with the optic-free adapter (MB_NFG-FG-BM1). Most of the case will result strong vignetting or even black corners.
Metabones Nikon G Lens to Fuji G-mount (GFX) Expander 1.26x Specifications:
- Product name: Nikon G Lens (F-mount) to Fuji GFX (G-mount) Expander 1.26x
- Model Code: MB_EPNFG-FG-BM1
- Color: Black Satin exterior; Black Matte interior
- Magnification: 1.26x
- Crop Factor with Fuji GFX camera: 1.0x
- Maximum Output Aperture: f/1.8 (with f/1.4 lens attached)
- Rectilinear Distortion: < 0.5%
- Lens Elements/Groups: 5/3
- Camera Mount: Fujifilm G Mount
- Lens Mounts: Nikon F/G
- Lens Compatibility: Nikon F-mount lenses with mechanical aperture lever. Mainly for full-frame lenses. DX lenses can be mounted but will result in severe vignetting in most cases.
- Special Features: Long-throw clickless aperture ring
- Tripod Mount: Robust removable type with Arca Swiss compatibility
- Dimensions: 88.2mm x 78.0mm x 41.3mm (incl. tripod mount)
- Weight: 396 grams
- Retail Price: USD 519.00
- Product Page: http://www.metabones.com/products/details/MB_EPNFG-FG-BM1
Read more Fujifilm Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.