Nokishita reports that Nikon will make a development announcement for the Nikon D6 DSLR camera on September 4. This would be a development announcement for Nikon D6 and it will be released as early as late 2019 or early 2020.
Speaking of the specifications, the Nikon D6 is rumored to feature a 24MP full frame image sensor, 4K video recording at 60p and built-in sensor stabilization, and it will have better low ISO performance than the Nikon D5.
Nikon D6 Rumored Specifications:
- 24MP full frame sensor
- 4K video at 60p
- Built-in image sensor stabilization
- Potential announcement in early 2020
- Prototypes already in testing
- Adding sensor stabilization delayed the D6 announcement
- The D6 will definitely not be a “hybrid” cam_era, but rather a DSLR with some mirrorless features (better video, IBIS for example)
- Dual CFExpress memory card slots
- .76-78x 100% viewfinder
- New Expeed dual processors
- Better/improved AF than the current D5
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- 3.2 million dot touch screen, with full touch capabilities
- Excellent/improved silent shooting modes
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!