The Nikon D6 DSLR camera is rumored to be officially released in mid-February. Even if the exact date is not known, the date of February 12, 2020 is predominantly in the gossip.
Regardless, we can see for sure that there will be an announcement before the CP + 2020 event. Here is an updated list of rumored Nikon D6 specifications.
- The D6 built-in sensor stabilization (IBIS) will be an improved version from the Nikon Z system
- The D6 will have more features and customization options for various aspects of the camera and settings
- Companion applications will also see improvements but they will most likely launch after the camera release
- The D6 will definitely not be a “hybrid” camera, but rather a DSLR with some mirrorless features (better video, IBIS, silent shooting for example)
- 24 MP sensor
- 4K 60 video
- Improved dynamic range
- Improved/better AF system but probably with the same number of AF points
- Advanced video features with RAW recording (not sure if external or internal)
- Longer manual exposure times (like in the Nikon D810A): from 1/8000 – 120 seconds (up from 30 seconds)
- Dual CFExpress memory card slots
- .76-78x 100% viewfinder
- New Expeed dual processors
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- 3.2 million dots touchscreen
- Improved silent shooting modes
See also 2019 Nikon Black Friday Deals
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!