In addition to the Nikon Z50 APS-c mirrorless camera, Nikon has officially announced the long-awaited NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct, a fast, standard prime, manual-focus lens for the Nikon Z mount system.
The Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens is a large aperture, standard 58mm prime focal-length, manual-focus lens positioned at the very top of the S-Line.
The new NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens will ship from 31st October 2019 and cost $8000.
- 17 elements in 10 groups
- 4x ED glass elements
- 3x aspherical lens elements
- 11 rounded diaphragm blades
- 0.5m minimum focus distance
- 82mm filter thread
- 2000g weight (approx.)
- 102mmx153mm dimensions (approx)
Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Lens Primary Features:
- The symbol of the Nikon Z mount system’s optical performance with the fastest maximum aperture (f/0.95) in Nikon history
- The extremely shallow depth of field and large and beautiful bokeh is made possible only with a maximum aperture of f/0.95
- Outstanding resolution along the focal plane at any shooting distance from close-up to infinity, even at maximum aperture
- Unique spatial expression with ideal blur characteristics as the degree of bokeh transitions smoothly and naturally with increasing as the distance from the focal plane increases
- Incredible point-image reproduction characteristics that render points as points, making sharp and clear night landscapes and starscapes possible, even at maximum aperture
- Adoption of large-diameter ground aspherical lens elements made of glass with a high refractive index enables powerful, yet extremely precise, aberration correction
- The use of two of Nikon’s exclusive anti-reflection coatings, ARNEO Coat and Nano Crystal Coat, effectively suppresses ghost and flare
- Control and focus rings that rotate smoothly and quietly, and with the proper torque, for optimal operability with still-image and movie recording
- A convenient L-Fn (lens function) button to which a variety of functions can be assigned
- Equipped with a lens info panel that can be used even in dark surroundings to confirm information such as aperture value, shooting distance, and depth of field without looking through the camera’s viewfinder
- Designed with consideration given to dust- and drip-resistance, featuring a fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt
- An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism enables extremely precise aperture control
- A felt-lined lens hood (supplied) effectively reduces reflections off the inner surface of the hood
What to Expect from Nikon? (October 2019)
Stay with us on Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed to get more news, rumors, reviews and deals. Read more Nikon Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!