Both the upocoming Nikon Z8 and D880 full frame cameras are rumored to feature 60MP Sony IMX455 sensor.
According to latest rumors, Nikon is rumored to announce a new high-end/professional Z-mount full frame mirrorless camera in 2020. The name of this high-end/professional full frame mirrorless camera would be Nikon Z8, which has been in the rumor mill for a long time.
The Nikon Z8 will feature the 60MP IMX455 sensor found in the Sony a7R IV. The Z8 body to have dual CFexpress card slots and a vertical grip. It will be more expensive than Nikon Z6 & Z7. The release date for Nikon Z8 camera will be in late 2020.
So what’s next for Nikon. The upcoming Nikon D880 (Replacement of D850) is expected to arrive after the Z8 announcement. According to rumor mill, we’ll see the D850 replacement in early 2021.The high-resolution DSLR will also feature with 60MP IMX455 sensor from Sony a7R IV.
Specs of IMX455AQR sensor:
- IMX455 (Low-Spec of IMX551 Prototype):
- Effective pixels: 9600×6400
- Recommend recording pixels: 60MP
- 11/12/14/16Bit ADC
- Full Pixel 9fps/14Bit ADC
- SLVS-EC 8Lane
- Single ADC in Video Mode
- 12-ADC in Still Picture Mode
- Native ISO 64/400
Both the Nikon Z8 and the Nikon D850 replacement are rumored to have a 60MP sensor:
- There will be 2 more Nikon mirrorless cameras announced this year, one of them should be high-end/pro (Z8?)
- The Z8 is rumored to have dual SD and CF express cards slots, vertical grip option, pro body, higher price tag (previous rumors suggested two CF Express cards)
- The high-end mirrorless Z camera will be announced before the Nikon D850 replacement
- Nikon D850 replacement is not expected in 2020, maybe in 2021
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!