Olympus introduced an update to the E-M1 line with the announcement of the OM-D E-M1 Mark III Mirrorless Camera.
The new micro four thirds camera takes a lot of the innovations that showed up in the company’s double-grip sports camera, the E-M1X, and fits them into a more compact and lightweight body. The new E-M1 Mark III comes with the world’s best image stabilisation system with 7.5 shutter speed steps of compensation.
More on the E-M1 Mark III features, the new model includes a 20.4 Megapixel Live MOS sensor, the world’s best image stabilization system with 7.5 shutter speed steps of compensation, 18fps maximum burst shooting with autofocus and DCI 4K/24p video capture.
Olympus E-M1 Mark III body: $1799.99 USD – Amazon | Adorama | B&Hphoto. Check out the Olympus E-M1 Mark III specifications, samples and first impressions.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III camera:
- Pre-order: Amazon | Adorama | B&Hphoto
- 20MP Live MOS Sensor
- New Image Processor TruePic IX
- Handheld High Res Shot Feature with 50MP equivalent, 80MP Tripod equivalent
- New Starry Sky AF algorithm for astrophotography
- In-body 5 Axis IS
- Dustproof/Slashproof/Freezeproof Magnesium Alloy Weather sealed Construction
- 400k Shutter Life
- New Control Panel Mode for essential settings
- 121-Point All Cross-type On-chip Phase Detection AF Sensor
- Maximum 18 fps AF/AE Tracking Sequential Shooting. Maximum 60 fps AF/AE Lock Sequential Shooting
- Multi-selector (Joystick) for easy on-screen selection
- Handheld 4K/Cinema 4K Shooting
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE for added connectivity
- Sample photos
- Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III vs. Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II comparison
Olympus E-M1 Mark III body: $1799.99 USD – Amazon | Adorama | B&Hphoto,
Olympus E-M1 Mark III with 12-40mm lens: $2499.99 USD
Olympus E-M1 Mark III with 12-100mm lens: $2899.99 USD
Check out the Olympus press release for more details with product pictures and price information. See also Best Micro Four Thirds Lenses.
Read more Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Micro Four Thirds Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.