Olympus will allegedly announce the Olympus E-M1 III camera in mid-February if everything goes on schedule.
Although the company has been silent at CES 2020, the major event of January, Olympus to announce a new product in mid-February, before the CP+ 2020. According to the latest rumors, it will be an MFT camera and will become the third model of the Olympus E-M1. Olympus has registered a new camera online under the code name IM021. This refers to a new product and the company’s next model will probably be the Olympus E-M1 Mark III.
As you may know, the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II was launched in September 2016 and is likely to be replaced. Then the Olympus OM-D came as the flagship of the E-M1X, and the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III, just below it, signals that the next model for the OM-D series is the E-M1 Mark III.
Rumored Olympus E-M1 Mark III camera specifications.
- New 24-Megapixel Four Thirds sensor
- 60Mp for Handheld Res. and 100Mp for Tripod
- More phase detection pixels on the sensor
- Truepic IX processing engine
- Improvements on IBIS
- ISO 100 at base and optimized dynamic range
- 4K video at 60p
- Additions on weather-sealing
- Intelligent Subject Detection
- Same body design ergonomics but deeper grip
- Price to be around $2,000
Read more Olympus Rumors.