Along with the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV camera, Olympus has also unveiled the new Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 100-400mm F5.0-6.3 IS lens.
It is a super telephoto zoom that is equivalent to 200-800mm when attached to a Micro Four Thirds body, featuring 21 elements, including ED, Super HR and HR glass, as well as a 9-blade aperture, image stabilizer, minimum focus distance (at all focal lengths) of just 1.3 meters, and the maximum magnification of 0.17x at wide-angle and 0.57x at full telephoto and weather sealed. This new lens costs $1,499, first available for pre-order at Amazon/ B&H / Adorama. It will start shipping from September 8, 2020.
Below are the Key specification:
- Spanning an impressive super telephoto range, this 100-400mm zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 200-800mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two Super HR (high refractive index) elements and two HR elements are featured in the optical design to limit spherical aberrations for improved sharpness with reduced distortion. Additionally, three ED (extra-low dispersion) elements are also used to control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and color fidelity.
- A ZERO (Zuiko Extra-Low Reflection Optical) coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Optical image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by approximately three stops to suit handheld shooting applications.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Minimum focusing distance of 4.3′ offers a 0.57x maximum magnification to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Focus range limiter allows you to constrict the focus system to 4.3-19.7′, 4.3′ to infinity, or 19.7′ to infinity ranges for faster focusing performance depending on the subject type and distance.
- Weather-sealed construction guards the lens against dust and moisture for working in harsh environments.
- Tripod collar provides well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod and permits quick switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- Compatible with the optional M.Zuiko Digital MC-14 1.4x and MC-20 2x Teleconverters to further extend the effective reach of the lens.