Panasonic has released firmware version 2.0 for the Lumix S1H; however, the much-anticipated option to record 5.9K ProRes Raw video to an Atomos Ninja V has been delayed.
It was supposed to be included with a firmware update that was released yesterday for the S1H, firmware version 2.0. Panasonic released all the details of the firmware update back in April.
Panasonic says the delay is down to a technical issue which the company hasn’t been able to resolve in time for the release. Panasonic says the Raw video data output function will be provided separately in the next firmware release.
The new Panasonic Lumix S1H mirrorless camera is now in stock and shipping in the US: $3,997.99 at Adorama | B&H Photo | Amazon.
New functionality in Lumix S1H firmware 2.0 release includes:
- Down converted output over HDMI during [6K]/[5.9K]/[5.4K] video recording is available.
- In Creative Video mode, it is now possible to disable the operation of starting/stopping video recording by pressing a shutter button.
- In Creative Video mode, it is now possible to set [Rec Quality (My List)] from the control panel.
- The value of noise reduction in [V-Log] in Photo Style has been expanded to [-1], designed to suppress ghosting or afterimages that could have previously occurred in some situations.
- It is possible to prevent the enlarged view window of MF Assist to be output over HDMI.
- There were cases where colour banding appeared in 4:2:0/10-bit video recording in some situations. This bug has been minimised.
- There were cases where the REC RUN time code did not count up when the video was not recorded on an SD Memory Card but was recorded on an external device over HDMI. This bug has been fixed.
- It is now possible to set [AF+MF] in AFC mode.
- It is now possible to assign functions to the lens’ Fn buttons when the Panasonic LUMIX S PRO 70-200mm F2.8 O.I.S. (S-E70200) is mounted.
- It is now possible to assign function to the Fn buttons of Sigma L-Mount interchangeable lenses.
- When attaching a lens using the Sigma MC-21 mount converter and [Image Stabilizer] > [Lens] is set to ON, Body I.S. (Image Stabiliser) suppresses roll movement.
- [Backlight Illumination Period] has been added to the menu of Status LCD. [ON1] prevents the LCD backlight to be turned off.
- It is now possible to select the card slot to save the JPEG images developed by in-camera RAW processing.
- [0.5 SEC] has been added for an option of [Duration Time (photo)] in [Auto Review].
- [Off (Disable Press and Hold)] can be assigned to the Fn button. It disables operation when the button is long-pressed.
- The Fn button can be used for checking aperture effect while the button is pressed.
- To prevent improper operation, touch-control is disabled for [Delete All] operation in playback mode. Only cursor buttons can be used for [Delete All] operation.
- There were rare cases where the camera froze during [Segmented File Recording] or during recording at 400 Mbps under a particular set of conditions including the type of SD Card used. This phenomenon has been improved.
- Aperture and shutter speed can be controlled using front/rear dials when the rear monitor is set to OFF.
- There were cases where F stop value control failed depending on the maximum F stop value when non-Panasonic L-Mount lens is mounted. This bug has been fixed.
Firmware update version 2.0 for the Lumix S1H is now available from the Panasonic support page.