It’s now official that Sharp joins Micro Four Thirds system. This also a good sign of the already displayed new Sharp 8K Micro Four Thirds Camera.
According to the press text, Sharp Corporation now supports the Micro Four Thirds standard and will add new products to their line-up with the driving force behind 8K imaging technology.
The new 8K MFT camera were on display at CES 2019. It will be priced around ¥300,000 to ¥400,000 yen (approximately $2,800 to $3,700). Shipping is scheduled to start in Summer 2019. First specs of the Sharp 8K Micro Four Thirds camera is 8k video recording at 30fps in H.265 codec.
Sharp 8K Micro Four Thirds Camera
- 8k at 30 fps in H.265 codec (Sharp is working on 60 fps)
- Price under $5,000
- No sensor info besides Micro Four Thirds format
- 5″ inch touchscreen
- 1 SD card slot
- On sensor stabilization
- Looks like the Blackmagic Pocket camera
- Not officially announced yet (a prototype was shown at CES)
- The official announcement is expected at the 2019 NAB show
- Price: $2,800 – $3,700
- Shipping in Summer 2019
Stay with us on Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed to get more news, rumors, reviews and deals.
Also join the Micro Four Thirds Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Panasonic and Olympus photography.