The highly anticipated Sony a7S III camera is rumored to be announced on July 29, 2020. Release date and shipping is expected to start in mid August 2020.
According to latest rumors, the Sony a7S III will shoot 4K video at 120p, 10bit 4:2:2, FHD video at 240p, while there will be no 8K video for a7S III. A previous interview also underlines that the a7S III will be a complete redesign of the whole system, including the image sensor. A new 12MP stacked sensor is on the horizon and the Sony A7sIII will have a fully articulating screen like the one used in the Sony ZV-1..
Below are the Sony a7S III specifications :
- New 12MP stacked sensor with fast readout
- Can record FHD 240fps, 4k120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K120fps raw over HDMI
- No 8K video for Sony a7S III
- Design similar to Sony a7R IV
- fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- World’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- New kind of passive (noise free) cooling system, like Panasonic S1H
- No overheating, no recording time limits
- Support UHS-II SD card
- Official announcement around July 29, 2020
- Shipping will start in mid August
Sony A7S III, Sony A7 IV, Sony A7R V and A9R Rumor Updates
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Read more Sony Camera Rumors here. See also Best Lenses for Sony Full Frame E-Mount