Sony officially announced the new RX100 VII 1″ pocket-sized camera packing a wealth of stills and video versatility. The US price is $1,198 and it is now available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H Photo Video, Adorama.
The Sony RX100 VII uses the same 24-200mm F2.8-4.5 zoom as its predecessor and offers the flagship Sony a9‘s speed, eye AF plus 4K video tweaks in a pocket-friendly size. In addition to being able to shoot at up to 20 fps with no viewfinder blackout, the RX100 VII can also shoot seven-image bursts at up to 90 frames per second.
- Newly developed 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and latest generation BIONZ X image processor
- Alpha 9 level speed performance with up to 60 AF/AE calculations per second and 20fps blackout-free shooting with AF/AE tracking
- World leading 357-point focal-plane phase-detection AF + 425-point contrast-detection AF with world’s fastest 0.02 sec focus acquisition speed
- Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8 – F4.5 Large Aperture High Magnification Zoom Lens
- New Single Burst Shooting Drive Mode at up to 90fps speed
- Pro-level movie functionality including 4K HDR (HLG), Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for movie shooting, 4K Active SteadyShot, Vertical-position data recording for movies and integrated microphone jack
See press text here.
Stay tuned with us and read more Sony Mirrorless news and Sony Rumors here.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography.