Sony officially announced the new RX100 VII 1″ pocket-sized camera packing a wealth of stills and video versatility. The US price is $1,198 and it is now available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H Photo Video, Adorama.
The Sony RX100 VII uses the same 24-200mm F2.8-4.5 zoom as its predecessor and offers the flagship Sony a9‘s speed, eye AF plus 4K video tweaks in a pocket-friendly size. In addition to being able to shoot at up to 20 fps with no viewfinder blackout, the RX100 VII can also shoot seven-image bursts at up to 90 frames per second.
- Newly developed 1.0-type stacked 20.1 MP Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip and latest generation BIONZ X image processor
- Alpha 9 level speed performance with up to 60 AF/AE calculations per second and 20fps blackout-free shooting with AF/AE tracking
- World leading 357-point focal-plane phase-detection AF + 425-point contrast-detection AF with world’s fastest 0.02 sec focus acquisition speed
- Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for humans and animals
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm F2.8 – F4.5 Large Aperture High Magnification Zoom Lens
- New Single Burst Shooting Drive Mode at up to 90fps speed
- Pro-level movie functionality including 4K HDR (HLG), Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF for movie shooting, 4K Active SteadyShot, Vertical-position data recording for movies and integrated microphone jack
See press text here.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography.