Sony has officially announced the new Sony FE 50mm F1.4 GM lens. It is designed with sophisticated elements and advanced optics and the latest lens technology, offering uncompromising image quality for still and video shooting.
The Sony FE 50mm F1.4 GM is a brand new fast standard prime lens for Sony Alpha full-frame and APS-C cameras. This is the second 50mm F1.4 E-mount lens that Sony have released, the first being the 7-year-old Sony Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA.
The US price of the new compact and portable standard prime is $1,299, release date is in late April to early May. Check availability at B&HPhoto /Adorama/Amazon.
Press Text. More at Explora.
Sony FE 50mm f/1.4 GM Lens At a Glance
- Full-frame standard prime lens for Sony E-mount
- 50mm focal length (75mm eq on APS-C)
- F1.4-F16 aperture range with 11-bladed circular aperture
- 14 elements in 11 groups, including 2 XA elements, 1 ED element and Nano AR II Coating
- 2x XD Linear Motor AF system
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.41m (16 in.) with AF / 0.38m (15 in.) with MF
- Maximum magnification: 0.16x (AF), 0.18x (MF)
- Linear response focusing ring
- Dedicated aperture ring with lock switch and de-click toggle
- 2 custom function buttons
- Dust- and moisture-resistant construction; fluorine coating on front
- Dimensions (L x D): 96mm x 80.6mm (3.7 in. X 3.1 in.)
- Weight: 516g (18.2oz)
- Price: $1299 USD / $1799 CAD
Sony FE 50mm F1.4 GM lens hands-on videos
Specifications of Sony FE 50mm F1.4 GM lens
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||50 mm|
|Lens mount||Sony E, Sony FE|
|Number of diaphragm blades||11|
|Aperture notes||Rounded aperture blades|
|Minimum focus||0.38 m (14.96″)|
|Motor type||Linear Motor|
|Weight||516 g (1.14 lb)|
|Diameter||81 mm (3.19″)|
|Length||96 mm (3.78″)|
|Filter thread||67 mm|
Sony has already released the FE 50mm f/1.2 GM lens, (B&HPhoto. Adorama and Amazon) so FE 50mm f/1.4 GM lens will be cheaper and lighter than this lens.
Read more Sony Rumors and Sony News.