We decided to make a list of Canon cameras, which is expected to be announced in 2020. The list below is based on the recent set of rumors we have previously posted.
To wrap up the year and see the upcoming Canon cameras to be announced in 2020, here is a short list below. Hope you find it useful.
1. Canon EOS R6
According to recent reports, Canon will also announce the EOS R6 FF MILC before Summer if everything goes well. Keep in mind that the production of the Canon EOS R5 and EOS R6 have been delayed due to the coronavirus (COVID-19). So we might meet this lower-end Canon MILC by the end of 2020.
Canon EOS R6 Specifications
New entries to the Canon EOS R6 specs list mentioned as bold.
- 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor
- 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
- 4K @ 60p
- FullHD @ 120p
- Dual card slots
- No top-down screen
- Lower resolution EVF than the EOS R5
- Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
- New battery (Not sure if it’s the same as the EOS R5)
- June 2020 announcement
2. Canon EOS R5
The new Canon EOS R5 full frame mirrorless camera already listed at Adorama and B&HPhoto.
You can see the highlights below as well as the full press text about the more specs of Canon EOS R5.
- 8K video capture – Up to 29.97fps (30fps)
- Dual Pixel AF is available in all 8K modes
- Internal recording
- Animal detection – Steadily tracks animal subjects (dogs, cats, birds, etc.) by detecting the body, face, or eye of the subject.
More at Canon EOS R5 Specs, Release Date : 8K, IBIS, 20fps
3. Canon EOS R7
Canon EOS R7 will be an APS-C mirrorless camera with RF-mount. This model is rumored to arrive by the end of 2020. The camera will carry the same 32.5 MP sensor that we have seen inside the Canon 90D. To make the system usable Canon will also announce three new RF lenses for the APS-C mirrorless camera.
On the other hand there has been talks about that this new Canon EOS R7 body could be the real replacement for the aging EOS 7D Mark II.
What to Expect From Canon EOS R7 APS-C Mirrorless Camera
- Likely 24MP or a the 32.5MP Dual Pixel AF CMOS sensor from EOS M6MKII
- 12 fps continuous shooting
- UHD 4K video at 30p and 25p with no crop / full width
- 3.0″ rear touchscreen flips up by 180° or down by 45°
- New Battery
4. Canon EOS R3 / R5S
According to sources, Canon EOS R3/R5S’s megapixel count is “significantly lower than 150mp”, but that it “just about doubles” the 45mp sensor in the upcoming Canon EOS R5.
So a possible Canon EOS R3 will carry a 2X resolution sensor compared to Canon EOS R5. So, we will be getting a 90MP sensor if the rumors are correct.
5. Canon EOS M60
Canon will allegedly announce the mini version of the Canon EOS M6 Mark II camera. The camera will have almost the same core specifications found in the Canon M6 Mark II. This will be a budget-oriented model.
Rumored Canon EOS M6 specifications
- 32.5MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8
- UHD 4K30p, 24p
- Full HD 120p Video Recording
- 3.0″ 1.04m-vari-angle Touchscreen LCD
- Announcement timeline Sep 2020
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Camera Rumors.