The Fujifilm XF 16mm F2.8 R WR is a compact and lightweight wide-angle prime that is equivalent to 24mm when mounted on an X-series camera, such as the new X-T30.
The lens weighs just 155g/5.5oz, weather-sealed at nine points around the barrel and can function at temperatures as low as -10°C/+14°F.
Here are their findings from the review :
- Perfect lens for street photography
- Compact and affordable
- XF 16mm f/1.4 is sharper, but way bigger and heavier
- XF 16mm f/2.8 pretty decent at f/2.8 and sharper in corners at f/4
- Very quick AF and also smooth for video
- Beautiful bokeh throughout the aperture range
- A bit of chromatic aberration and distortion at this price point
- Fuji offers users amazing choice when it comes to lens selection for APS-C
For a comparison between the Fujinon XF 16mm f/1.4 vs XF 16mm f/2.8 showdown check out Bill Fortney website.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.