DPRTV published a short film about the Fujinon XF 200mm F2 R LM OIS WR lens. The whole episode was filmed on the Fujifilm GFX 100, while attending Fujikina in Japan using a pre-production model.
DPRTV now published a short test of this lens (video below). The whole episode was filmed on the Fujifilm GFX 100.
You can find the video below and some excerpts from the quick look:
Fujifilm XF 200mm F2 R LM OIS WR Lens Highlights from the Video Review
- This is a heavy lens at almost 5lbs which is similar to a 300mm f/2.8
- Custom focusing buttons and nice controls
- Good IBIS they can do about 1/15th
- Arca Swiss plate cut out of the foot
- High price point at just under $6,000
- Awesome optical performance
- Hard to say anything negative about optical performance
- Even with the supplied 1.4x teleconverter, it is very sharp
- Nice bokeh fall off
- Can be a beautiful portrait lens
- Very well corrected lens
- Great for action and wildlife
- At home on Fujifilm X-T3
- Very fast focusing
- Min focus distance just under 2m
- Manual focusing for stills isn’t great because it is a very long turn
- Great lens for video and stability, but the focus ring is unusable for video
- Reminds them of the quality of the XF8-16mm
- Very comparable to Canon and Nikon 300mm f/2.8, which are great lenses
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.