DPRTV published a short film about the Fujinon XF 200mm F2 R LM OIS WR lens. The whole episode was filmed on the Fujifilm GFX 100, while attending Fujikina in Japan using a pre-production model.
DPRTV now published a short test of this lens (video below). The whole episode was filmed on the Fujifilm GFX 100.
Fujifilm XF 200mm F2 R LM OIS WR Lens – $5,799 at
B&H Photo / Amazon / Adorama
You can find the video below and some excerpts from the quick look:
Fujifilm XF 200mm F2 R LM OIS WR Lens Highlights from the Video Review
- This is a heavy lens at almost 5lbs which is similar to a 300mm f/2.8
- Custom focusing buttons and nice controls
- Good IBIS they can do about 1/15th
- Arca Swiss plate cut out of the foot
- High price point at just under $6,000
- Awesome optical performance
- Hard to say anything negative about optical performance
- Even with the supplied 1.4x teleconverter, it is very sharp
- Nice bokeh fall off
- Can be a beautiful portrait lens
- Very well corrected lens
- Great for action and wildlife
- At home on Fujifilm X-T3
- Very fast focusing
- Min focus distance just under 2m
- Manual focusing for stills isn’t great because it is a very long turn
- Great lens for video and stability, but the focus ring is unusable for video
- Reminds them of the quality of the XF8-16mm
- Very comparable to Canon and Nikon 300mm f/2.8, which are great lenses
Stay with us on Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed to get more news, rumors, reviews and deals. Read more Fujifilm Mirrorless news and Fujifilm Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.