Specs and images leak of Zeiss Otus 100mm f/1.4 wide-aperture cinema lens for Canon and Nikon DSLRs.
The Zeiss Otus 1.4/100 lens will be available for Canon and Nikon DSLRs in two models, ZE (for Canon EF-mount DSLR cameras) and ZF.2 (for Nikon F mounts). As you might expect for a lens with “Zeiss” and “Otus” names, the price tag would be around $5000.
Zeiss offers three OTUS prime lenses for DSLRs. They are 28mm, 55mm and 85mm with all fast f/1.4 aperture. The widest lens is the Otus 28mm f/1.4 ZF.2, which features a Distagon optical concept and apochromatic design. The standart prime lens is the Otus 55mm f/1.4 ZF.2, which also employs a Distagon optical design in order to produce well-corrected imagery. Finally, lineup also includes the Otus 85mm f/1.4 ZF.2, which is a bright portrait-length lens utilizing a Planar design.
Zeiss Otus 100mm f/1.4 Lens Specifications
- Mount: ZE (for Canon EF), ZF.2 (for Nikon F)
- Lens constitution: 11 groups 14 pieces
- Minimum shooting distance: 1.0 m
- APO Sonnar lens design
- Maximum shooting magnification: 1: 8.6
- Filter diameter: 86 mm
- Maximum diameter: 100.7 mm
- Focus ring diameter: 90.0 mm
- Total length (including the lens cap): ZE: 152.3 mm ZF. 2: 150.1 mm
- Total length (excluding the lens cap): ZE: 128.8 mm ZF. 2: 126.5 mm
- Weight: ZE: 1405g ZF. 2: 1336g