Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K is a new handheld digital film camera with a full Super 35 size 6K HDR image sensor, 13 stops of dynamic range, an EF lens mount and dual native ISO up to 25,600 for incredible low light performance.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K is available immediately. The US price is $2,495 and it is now in stock at B&H, Adorama.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K offers a 23.10 x 12.99mm Super 35 sensor with Dual Native ISO (400 and 25,600), 6144 x 3456 pixel resolution and 13 stops of dynamic range. It can shoot in 10-bit ProRes or 12-bit Blackmagic RAW formats.
The S35 sensor will shoot up to 50 fps at 6144 x 3456 16:9 or 60 fps at 6144 x 2560 2.4:1 and 60 fps at 5744 x 3024 1.9:1. There is also a high frame rate option that shoots 120 fps at 2.8K 2868 x 1512 1.9:1 as well as a true anamorphic 6:5 mode that shoots in 3.7K 60 fps (3728 x 3104).
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Features
- Use for independent films, documentaries, blogs and more.
- Designed from carbon fiber polycarbonate composite.
- Multifunction grip allows single hand operation.
- 2 models with 6K at 6144 x 3456 and 4K at 4096 x 2160.
- Compatible with MFT or EF lens mounts.
- Wide 13 stops of dynamic range for film looks.
- Up to 25600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
- Records full resolution up to 60 fps or 120 fps windowed.
- Standard open file formats compatible with popular software.
- Built in SD, UHS-II and CFast card recorders.
- Features incredible quality Blackmagic RAW recording.
- Built in 5″ touchscreen allows accurate focus when shooting 6K.
- Blackmagic OS as used in URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast cameras.
- Includes Blackmagic Generation 4 Color Science.
- Features full size HDMI for monitoring with status overlay.
- Professional mini XLR input with 48 volt phantom power.
- 3D LUTs can be applied for both monitoring and recording.
- USB-C port allows recording directly to external disk.
- Built in timecode generator for sync muli-camera shoots.
- Supports still frame capture up to 21.2 megapixel.
- Localized for 11 popular languages.
- Supports remote camera control via Bluetooth.
- Powers via 12V DC input and can recharge via USB-C.
- Includes full DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.
Full press text can be found here.