Canon is rumored to announce a new budget-friendly full-frame mirrorless camera. Although the name of the new camera is not yet certain, it is said that it will be Canon EOS RC and will be announced in early 2021.
As is known, Canon EOS RP (B&H, Adorama, Amazon) is the cheapest RF-mount mirrorless camera currently on the market and costs $999. It looks like Canon plans to announce a new “EOS RC” entry-level full-frame mirrorless camera built under the EOS RP in the first half of 2021.
Along with the EOS RC rumor, Canon will allegedly announce a new APS-C format RF mount mirrorless camera in the second half of 2021, which was initially slated to be announced in early 2021. And the long-rumored Canon EOS M7 high-end flagship mirrorless camera will come in Q4 of 2020, and it will probably be the last EF-mount mirrorless camera ever!
Here is a recent talk about the Canon EOS RC full frame mirrorless camera by Tony Northrup.
Rumored cameras to be announced in 2020 to 2021:
- Canon EOS R5S/EOS R3: A high-megapixel full frame mirrorless camera to replace current EOS 5DS/5DS R. Compared to EOS R5, EOS R5S will have few video features. Coming in late 2020 to early 2021.
- Flagship Canon EOS M APS-C mirrorless camera: Coming in late 2020 to early 2021.
- Canon EOS RP Mark II: Replacement for current EOS RP. camera
- Canon EOS R Pro (EOS RX, EOS R1): Pro / High-end Canon EOS R full frame mirrorless camera, Canon engineering execs said they are working on this model, but will take time when everything right in the body.
- Canon EOS R Mark II (Replacement of Canon EOS R)
- Canon EOS 5D Mark V: Canon will announce this DSLR camera if there is a market for it.
Read more Canon Rumors.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!