The new standard prime lens is the first Canon RF lens to pack Canon’s proprietary Blue Spectrum Refractive (BR) Optics technology, which greatly reduces chromatic aberration in faster lenses.
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics Element
- One UD Element, One Aspherical Element
- Air Sphere Coating
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
RF 85mm f/1.2L USM Lens review from DCW:
The Canon RF 85mm f/1.2 is massively expensive and specialised, but it does everything you’d hope and more. Its image quality wide open is quite superb, and the autofocus performance can deliver sharp ‘eye’ shots time and time again, even with the razor-thin depth of field at f/1.2. We can’t really mark it down for its price because it’s designed to be good, not cheap, so it all depends on how much you want one…?
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!