Nikon did not introduce any new products at the 2021 CP+ event, but the company’s general manager, Mr. Satoshi Yamazaki was confirmed in the interview that we will meet the new Nikon products in 2021.
So you probably asking What is Nikon planning to compete against the rivals Canon and Sony? The impact of the new $6,500 Sony a1 camera is huge and there is also the amazing Canon EOS R5. We can expect Nikon to release Nikon Z8, Z9, Z1 cameras to compete with Sony a1, Canon EOS R5, Sony a7S III and more.
Nikon had several online presentations during the CP+ show, here are some exceprts of the main points.
Nikon Confirmed to Release Many New Products in 2021
From DCLife.jp (Translated):
- We are still challengers at Mirrorless, so we would like to take on various challenges.
- Among them, the Z mount system is considered to be a system with great potential for new creation because it is a large diameter short flange back.
- Taking advantage of this mount system, we would like to evolve the body and lens and develop products that will impress our customers.
- We plan to release many new products this year as well.
Nikon Z Mount Lenses
- Nikon plans to have a total of 27 lenses and 2 teleconverters on the Z lens roadmap by 2022.
- Nikkor Z lens roadmap:
- Prime S lenses: 85mm S, 400mm S, 600mm S
- Prime lenses: 28mm, 40mm
- Micro lens: 50mm Micro
- Zoom lenses: 24-105mm S, 100-400mm S, 200-600mm, DX 18-140mm
If you are looking for recommended memory cards for Z6 II and Z7 II, here we list the best ones based on the speed and price.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!