Here are the first pictures of the upcoming Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 100-400mm f/5.0-6.3 IS lens. See additional information below :
- Minimum focusing distance: 1.3m
- Filter size: 72mm
- Dimensions: 86.4mm x 205.7mm
- Weight: 1120g (without tripod adapter)
The optical system features a combination of four ED lenses for suppressing color bleeding, two Super HR lenses, and two HR lenses for bright, clear imaging performance up to the edges of the image across the entire zoom range. The ZERO Coating reduces ghosts and flares even in poor conditions such as backlit scenes.
The rear focus system of the M.Zuiko Digital ED 100-400mm drives the lightweight focusing lenses for fast, high-precision AF performance. This lens is also equipped with a Focus Clutch and a Focus Limiter. It allows switching the AF operating range between three levels according to the focusing distance for quick focusing and comfortable shooting even in the super-telephoto range. Also, the in-lens image stabilization featuring up to 3 shutter speed steps of compensation enables handheld super-telephoto shooting.
Extensive hermetic sealing on the entire lens barrel provides the same high level of dustproof, splashproof, and freezeproof performance as the M.Zuiko PRO series for peace of mind when shooting in any environmental conditions.
Here is what we know so far about the upcoming Olympus products:
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV camera body: US Price $699, available in black and silver, shipping will start on September 25 (replacement for the current Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III)
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV with M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ lens kit: US Price $799, available in black and silver, shipping will start on September 25
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 100-400mm f/5.0-6.3 IS lens: US Price $1499, will start shipping on September 8
Stay tuned with us for more information. Read more Olympus Rumors.
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.