Fujifilm GFX 100 Availability, Specifications, And Price ! Fujiiflm announces the release of the GFX100 mirrorless digital camera featuring a newly developed 102 megapixels (approx. 55mm diagonal length) large format sensor.
The US price for the Fujifilm GFX100 is $9,999, now available for pre-order at Amazon/B&H Photo Video/Adorama. The release date for this camera is on June 27th, 2019. Full press text can be found here.
The new camera will be the flagship model of the GFX system of mirrorless digital cameras, which have consistently received strong praise from professional photographers and photo enthusiasts for their use of a 43.8mm x 32.9mm large format sensor, which is approximately 1.7 times larger than a 35mm ‘full frame’ sensor.
The GFX100 features a “back illuminated sensor with phase detection pixels,” the first of its kind for image sensors larger than the 35mm full frame format. Autofocus speed is up to twice as fast as previous GFX models (when using the GF63mmF2.8 lens), whilst also offering Tracking AF on a moving subject as well as more accurate Continuous AF.
Another world’s first for larger than the 35mm full-frame format cameras is the in-body image stabilization (IBIS), delivering “five-axis image stabilisation” of up to 5.5 stops*1 As a result, ultra high resolution photography can even be achieved when shooting hand held. The video capability has also been greatly improved from the current GFX 50S and GFX 50R models, to become the world’s first mirrorless digital camera with an image sensor of this size or greater to offer 4K30p video recording capability (10bit 4:2:2).
With these three “world’s first” features, the GFX100 is a camera of unparalleled innovation and versatility, fulfilling its purpose of “capturing and recording precious moments that will never be repeated again” at the highest image quality possible in a mirrorless camera.
Fujifilm GFX100 Key Features:
- 102mp Medium Format sensor (43.8×32.9mm, Bayer array)
- Fujifilm G Mount
- ISO50-102400 (ISO25600 for Movie)
- 5-axis Image Sensor Shift Mechanism – 5.5stops
- 5.76m dot OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF), 0.86x magnification
- 3.2inch 3-way tilting touch-screen, 2.36m dot
- Intelligent Hybrid AutoFocus (AF), Phase, Contrast AF, with Face and Eye Detection AF
- DCI-4K, 4K UHD Video recording, 30fps, 400mbps
- FullHD video, 30fps
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth built-in (supports Geotagging)
- USB Type-C, HDMI connections
- Microphone, Headphone sockets
- 800 shot battery life, USB power supported
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photograph