Olympus Tough TG-6 waterproof, dustproof, freezeproof and shockproof camera is now officially announced.
Olympus Tough TG-6 is a modest update to its predecessor, with the majority of its changes related to macro and underwater shooting.
Olympus Tough TG-6 is waterproof to a depth of 50 feet (15m), dustproof, shockproof to 7 feet (2.4m), crushproof to 100 kgf, freezeproof to 14oF (-10°C), and features a dual-pane protective glass construction for superb anti-fogging performance.
The Tough TG-6 will be available in your choice of red or black, and will be priced at $449 (Amazon | B&H and Adorama) when it ships in late June. Prices for the numerous accessories are listed in the press release below. Full press text.
Olympus Tough TG-6 Specifications
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW
|Max Resolution||12 MP: 4000 x 3000|
|Lens||Effective Focal Length: 4.5 to 18mm (35 mm Equivalent: 25 to 100mm)
Aperture: f/2 (W) to f/4.9 (T)
|Focus Range||Normal: 3.94″ to Infinity / 10 cm to Infinity
Macro: 0.39″ to Infinity / 1 cm to Infinity
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 12800|
|Shutter||1/2 to 1/2000 Second
4 to 0 Second in Night Scene Mode
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, C1, C2, Intelligent Auto, Movie, Program, Scene Modes, Underwater
Compensation: -2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
|White Balance||Auto, Custom, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 20 fps at 12 MP for up to 14 Exposures (Raw)
Up to 20 fps at 12 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG)
Up to 10 fps at 12 MP for up to 14 Exposures (Raw)
Up to 10 fps at 12 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG)
Up to 5 fps at 12 MP for up to 49 Exposures (Raw)
Up to 5 fps at 12 MP for Unlimited Exposures (JPEG)
|Self-Timer||2, 12 Sec|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Fill Flash, Manual, Off, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Memory Card Type||SD
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Resolution||3840 x 2160p: 30 fps, 25 fps
1920 x 1080p: 120 fps, 60 fps, 50 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps
1280 x 720p: 240 fps, 30 fps, 25 fps
640 x 480p: 480 fps
|Video Clip Length||Up to 29 Minutes|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
|Screen||3.0″ LCD Rear Screen (1,040,000 Pixels)|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Wi-Fi||Yes, Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) Built In|
|Waterproof||49.21′ / 15 m|
|Battery||1 x LI-92B Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 3.6 VDC, 1350 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.4 x 2.6 x 1.3″ / 113.0 x 66.0 x 32.4 mm|
|Weight||8.92 oz / 253 g with battery and memory card|
With the TG-6, a number of new accessories were added to the line-up:
- PT-059 Underwater Case for capturing movies and stills worry-free at depths up to 45 metres. The camera control dial is operable when the camera is stored in the case for easy exposure compensation control underwater. Two external flash units for underwater photography (UFL-3) are compatible for multi-unit flash photography in a compact system.
- CSCH-127 Silicone Jacket protects the surface of the camera body from scratches. It also provides a solid grip on the camera when shooting during winter or water sports. LED Light Guide LG-1 and Flash Diffuser FD-1 can be attached to the camera without removing the silicone jacket.
- LB-T01 Lens Barrier for protecting the lens surface against dirt and scratches. The barrier is easily opened/closed by rotating the edge which ensures easy handling even when wearing gloves.
- FCON-T02 Fisheye Converter lens for an easy and fast switch between circular fisheye and diagonal fisheye photography. To attach this lens, the CLA-T01 Converter Adapter (sold separately) is required
- UC-92 Lithium Ion Battery Charger to fully charge the Tough camera battery LI-92B using an USB port in approx. 2.5 hours.