Here are the first images of the upcoming Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS Mark II Lens. In this leak you’ll also find the press release of this popular wide-angle zoom lens.
This will be the second announcement after we see the XF 50mm f/1.0 R WR lens. Check out the Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS Mark II Lens Images and Press Text below.
XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR Press Release + Images
Fujifilm announced that it will launch the Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR lens. This will be the 36th interchangeable lens designed for Fujifilm X-series digital camera systems and an update of the original XF 10-24mmF4 R OIS lens.
XF10-24mmF4 R OIS WR is an ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with a focal length of 10mm to 24mm (equivalent to 15mm to 36mm in 35mm format). It adopts the same optical design as the XF10-24mm OIS lens and provides similar image resolution. Rate performance, similar to the previous generation lens, it can achieve the maximum aperture of F4.0 in the entire focal length range of the zoom lens. The updated aperture ring has an aperture scale, an automatic positioning lock, and a new dust-proof and drip-proof structure. This enhanced lens will become a new first choice for photographers to shoot natural scenery. They only need an ultra-wide-angle lens to experience these beauty Photography experience. In addition, the internal structure has also been redesigned, the focus and zoom ring has become thinner, and the total weight of the lens has been reduced by 25g. Not only that, the optical image stabilization is also increased by 1 stop, and the total anti-shake effect can reach 3.5 stops.
1. Update the Aperture ring, with a large aperture scale and automatic positioning lock
The aperture ring has been updated to a large aperture scale, which is convenient for photographers to visually check the aperture set by the lens, without having to look through the camera’s electronic viewfinder or LCD display. The iris ring is also equipped with an automatic positioning lock, which is similar to the automatic positioning lock on the GF lens, which prevents accidental movement of the iris ring and improves use efficiency.
2. Enhance dust and drip resistance
This new lens is dust and moisture resistant and can operate at temperatures as low as -10°C. Despite the increased performance, the weight is 25g lighter than the previous model.
3. Improve optical image stabilization
This lens uses a new precision gyro sensor to increase the image stabilization by 1.0 stop compared with the previous model, reaching 3.5 stops. When paired with flagship models of X-series cameras (such as FUJIFILM X-T4), the lens and camera can achieve approximately 6.5-speed 5-axis image stabilization.
4. More slim and stylish design
Compared with the previous model, the focus ring and zoom ring are reduced by 3mm and 2mm respectively, and the design is more compact and stylish.
- The new lens consists of 14 lenses, including 4 aspheric lenses in 10 groups and 4 ED lenses. The use of aspheric lenses can reduce spherical aberration, distortion and distortion, while the use of ED lenses can correct chromatic aberrations and provide stronger edge sharpness. Despite the small size of the lens, it can maintain a maximum aperture of F4.0 in the focal length range from super wide-angle 10mm to wide-angle 24mm (equivalent to 15mm-36mm in 35mm format), while users can still maintain a constant aperture value at any focal length .
- The front lens lens has been carefully coated to minimize ghosting (which often occurs on large curvature lenses commonly found in ultra-wide-angle zoom lenses) and provide higher image sharpness and clarity.
- The closest working distance of the lens is only 24cm, which is also suitable for macro photography. Using the lens to shoot an object at close range, while also bringing the background, can create powerful images that maximize the use of ultra-wide-angle focal length.
(3) Fast, almost silent autofocus
The lens uses an internal focusing system to achieve high-speed autofocus. The use of lightweight focusing lenses and high-precision motors enables fast, almost silent autofocus, which can also be achieved when used with the face/eye autofocus function of X-series cameras.
Read more Fujifilm Camera Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.