Here is the first look review of the Fujinon XF 16-80mm F4 R OIS WR lens. This one looks to be an excellent all-around lens for photographers and will likely become the future kit lens paired with Fujifilm’s higher-end cameras.
If you shoot in inclement weather or desire a weatherproof compact kit this is currently Fujifilm’s best option.
- Equivalent to 24-120mm in 35mm
- About 40% lighter than full frame
- On X-T3 it is less than 1kg or 2.2lbs
- Great for carrying around all-day
- Aperture goes from f/4-22 in 1/3 stops
- 72mm filter thread
- Constant f/4
- Attached to X-T3 it makes a great all-weather camera
- 6 stops of OIS, but no switch on the lens to turn it off
- If you want to turn off OIS you can do so in the camera or attach it to a button
- Minimal focus breathing for video
- Has a stepping motor that minimizes noise for filming video
- Size-wise the 16-80mm falls between the 18-55 kit lens and 16-55 f/2.8 red badge lens
- Image quality wise the 16-80mm falls between the 18-55 kit lens and 16-55 f/2.8 red badge lens
Read Fujifilm Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.