The latest rumor suggests that Sony will release the highly anticipated Sony a7 IV mirrorless camera in late 2020. We know Canon and Nikon are very busy this early 2020 with the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, Canon EOS R5, Nikon D6, Nikon D780 and several new lenses.
So it is highly likely that the Sony a7 IV mirrorless camera will be officially announced later this year. In addition, Sony is actively working on allowing Sony a7R IV shooters to shoot at lower MegaPixel – one of the highest requests. Also Zeiss will release the new Zeiss ZX1 full-frame camera before the summer.
Sony a7 IV will be a serious update that is aimed at Sony a7 II and a7 owners. The new A7-series full frame mirrorless will have the same sensor as Sony a7 III, the same body as Sony a7R IV, real time tracking, 4K30P, dual UHS-II SD card slots, and more.
Sony a7 IV Rumored Specifications:
- Improved 24MP full frame CMOS sensor
- Improved weather sealing than Sony a7 III
- 5.5-stop 5-axis image stabilization
- Sony a7R IV/a9 II Body
- 693 PDAF, 425 CDAF
- Real-time tracking, real-time Eye AF for video, animal Eye AF
- Downsampled from 6K Video, 4K Video 30p, 1080p Video 120p
- Standard sync terminal
- Lock release button
- New Save/Load setting
- Pixel shift mode
- Digital audio interface
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots
- USB 3.2 Gen 1, Type-C
- 10 fps w/ AF/AE tracking
- 5.76MP EVF
- 1.44MP LCD screen, Vari-angle Display
- Sony a7 IV is expected to be announced in late 2020
What do you expect from the Sony a7 IV?
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography