Nikon released a new firmware update version 1.10 for the Nikon D6 flagship full frame DSLR camera.
Nikon D6 firmware version 1.10:
- Users can now choose the band (2.4 or 5 GHz) for the host SSID when connecting to wireless networks via a WT-6 wireless transmitter attached to the camera. The band is listed in Connection Wizard network-selection dialog and post-connection in the Wired LAN/WT display.
- Autofocus for viewfinder photography has been improved.
- Focus-point selection now works smoothly even if the user abruptly switches directions on the multi selector or sub-selector.
- Fixed the following issues:
- Autofocus sometimes produced unpredictable results when used with certain AF-S lenses with maximum apertures faster than f/2.8.
- Instead of flashing, the network indicator would remain lit when an Ethernet connection was established.
- The WT-6 wireless transmitter could not be used to join wireless networks with SSIDs containing a space, semicolon (“;”), ampersand (“&”), or backslash (“\”).
- The over- and under-exposure indicators in the viewfinder were reversed when +0- was selected for Custom Setting f9 (Reverse indicators) in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU.
- The exposure indicators were slow to refresh when shutter speed, aperture, or ISO sensitivity were adjusted using the main- or sub-command dial.
- If, when Focus point and AF-area mode was selected for Custom Setting a5 (Store points by orientation) in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU, the standby timer expired with the camera in portrait (tall) orientation and the camera was then rotated to landscape (wide) orientation before the standby timer was reactivated, the camera would not restore the AF-area mode previously selected for landscape orientation, but would instead switch to the AF-area mode selected when the camera was in portrait orientation.
- The following would not be immediately updated to reflect the true number of exposures remaining after pictures were deleted:
- the number of exposures remaining shown in the top control panel when the camera was off, and
- the frame-count display in the rear control panel when Frame count was selected for Custom Setting d12 (Rear control panel) in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU.
- The AF fine-tuning options item could be used to store only one set of fine-tuning values for AF-S NIKKOR 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR lenses: users could store either values for use with the built-in teleconverter or values for use without, but not both.
You can download this firmware here.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!